View Poll Results: What is a fair profit for an average NFL owner?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • $0 - They make their money when they sell the team.

1 3.45%
  • $10 M max. Similar to players on their second contract

0 0%
  • $10 - $20 M. Like a top line veteran player

0 0%
  • $20 - 30 M. As much as the highest paid players

2 6.90%
  • $30 - 40 M. A bit more than the top players

2 6.90%
  • $40 M+. Its a huge investments in a wildly successful business. A solid return is deserved.

24 82.76%

Thread: What is a fair profit for an NFL owner?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rbaloha View Post
    If you are hiding revenue you are breaking federal law.
    Yes, if you are hiding revenue from the Government you are breaking federal law. There is no law stating that employees are entitled to know the finances of the company they work for. The company may choose to share those finances, or in the case of the Packers be required too because they are owned by the fans, but the bottom line is, as an employee, I have no right to go to the top of the chain in my business and ask for their revenue and proft margins, and where all the money goes. That is for the government to know, not the employee.

Do I know they can afford to pay me more? Sure. And you know what happens if I demand more money? I'm fired with 100's of other people waiting to take my job. That's the same way the NFL is. IF players want to "hold out" or whatever, there are THOUSANDS of people who didn't make in the NFL that would gladly take their place for a FRACTION of the cost of a normal NFL player. Point here is that while the Owners are significant;y richer than any player, that doesn't mean the players really have it so bad. I understand footing more support for retired players, but hte players of today make significantly more money than the ones of the old days. Thi smeans that if they end up broke, like Russel is right now, why should the NFL be supporting them after they stop playing? In today's NFL a player makes plenty of money in 4 to 8 seasons to support himself and his family for the rest of his life. If the rest of us can survive on an average of 40k a year, no reason an NFL player that banks maybe 60 million in a career can't better manage it to either turn it into more money (reinvesting, starting a business, etc). You hand me 60 million dollars and I am set for life. I don't need 12 sports cards, 7 SuVS, and 3 houses. It's just a waste of money. Sure, I'll have a damn nice car, maybe 2 or 3 per family needs, and yes one really nice house. But I wont be blowing the wad out the gate. Conserve and invest. Make some returns.

Witness Protection Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by packerbacker1234 View Post
    Yes, if you are hiding revenue from the Government you are breaking federal law. There is no law stating that employees are entitled to know the finances of the company they work for. The company may choose to share those finances, or in the case of the Packers be required too because they are owned by the fans, but the bottom line is, as an employee, I have no right to go to the top of the chain in my business and ask for their revenue and proft margins, and where all the money goes. That is for the government to know, not the employee.

Do I know they can afford to pay me more? Sure. And you know what happens if I demand more money? I'm fired with 100's of other people waiting to take my job. That's the same way the NFL is. IF players want to "hold out" or whatever, there are THOUSANDS of people who didn't make in the NFL that would gladly take their place for a FRACTION of the cost of a normal NFL player. Point here is that while the Owners are significant;y richer than any player, that doesn't mean the players really have it so bad. I understand footing more support for retired players, but hte players of today make significantly more money than the ones of the old days. Thi smeans that if they end up broke, like Russel is right now, why should the NFL be supporting them after they stop playing? In today's NFL a player makes plenty of money in 4 to 8 seasons to support himself and his family for the rest of his life. If the rest of us can survive on an average of 40k a year, no reason an NFL player that banks maybe 60 million in a career can't better manage it to either turn it into more money (reinvesting, starting a business, etc). You hand me 60 million dollars and I am set for life. I don't need 12 sports cards, 7 SuVS, and 3 houses. It's just a waste of money. Sure, I'll have a damn nice car, maybe 2 or 3 per family needs, and yes one really nice house. But I wont be blowing the wad out the gate. Conserve and invest. Make some returns.
    Senator Rockefeller disagrees with you:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...022406519.html