Thread: Defensive needs, in order.....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Hyde should get a shout out in Justin's list.
    Hyde made a couple of nice plays against Dallas, but also made some horrible choices in that game as well. Both went for touchdowns. He sold out on the run and over pursued on play action on the Bryant touchdown. Gunter had coverage to the outside with Hyde on the inside. Hyde was no where to be found. In fact you can re-watch it and see Hyde completely lost in the middle of the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    Hyde made a couple of nice plays against Dallas, but also made some horrible choices in that game as well. Both went for touchdowns. He sold out on the run and over pursued on play action on the Bryant touchdown. Gunter had coverage to the outside with Hyde on the inside. Hyde was no where to be found. In fact you can re-watch it and see Hyde completely lost in the middle of the field.
    I remember that. But I also remember him coming up big versus the Giants.

He is almost not a starter because of his limitations. He's not Jarret Bush, but you want him for a utility role not a starting CB or safety. His value is in versatility.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

He is almost not a starter because of his limitations. He's not Jarret Bush, but you want him for a utility role not a starting CB or safety. His value is in versatility.
    I see Hyde exactly this way. A guy who can plug and play a lot of spots and do it fairly well, but a guy you'd rather not have starting. Good piece because he's so versatile. We will use him at some point on defense. Injuries are 100% guaranteed to happen in the NFL.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar

If the Giants actually hung onto the balls they dropped with Hyde in coverage I think you would have a different take on the Giants game. He was chasing from behind especially on the first several series. The Packer caught a several breaks in that game with the poor performances of the Giants' receivers.

If the Giants actually hung onto the balls they dropped with Hyde in coverage I think you would have a different take on the Giants game. He was chasing from behind especially on the first several series. The Packer caught a several breaks in that game with the poor performances of the Giants' receivers.
    hyde is a backup safety first, and then a utility man. he was only in that position out of necessity.

True, but like on that back shoulder throw he broke up (think that was Hyde) being physical because of speed limitations has its advantages on certain routes.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.