Thread: Mike Pettine

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Pettine places emphasis on inside pass rush. This goes back to his days as jets DC.

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/201...-mike-pettine/
    Here's what we could have had:

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/201...2018-nfl-draft

Buffalo Bills’ defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier is enamored by first-round pick Tremaine Edmunds

He was given a comparison similar to Tre’Davious White

By: Dylan Zadonowicz@DylanZadonowicz Jun 2, 2018, 9:00am EDT
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Here's what we could have had:

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/201...2018-nfl-draft

Buffalo Bills’ defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier is enamored by first-round pick Tremaine Edmunds

He was given a comparison similar to Tre’Davious White

By: Dylan Zadonowicz@DylanZadonowicz Jun 2, 2018, 9:00am EDT

Has Tremaine Edmunds picked off Aaron Rodgers yet?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Has Tremaine Edmunds picked off Aaron Rodgers yet?
    Specifically pbmax, what's your point and this Post?

Why as it is (and we don't know how any 2018 Prospect will make out and their leap from College Football to the NFL) is it the style here by many, to deride any prospect not a Packer?

Tremaine Edmunds is 'an extraordinary Prospect by all Reports', and based on a grade of 7.17 was drafted to be a Special Talent in the NFL by the Buffalo.

Only three Prospects in the 2018 DRAFT were graded higher than LBer Tremaine Edmunds and so far the Reports on him out of the Buffalo Bills OTA'a are extremely positive:

RB Saquon Barkley - PENN ST. Rnd 1, Pick 2 - New York Giants - Grade 7.45

Guard Quenton Nelson - NOTRE DAME Rnd 1, Pick 6 - Indianapolis Colts - Grade 7.34

DE Bradley Chubb - N.C. STATE - Rnd 1, Pick 5 - Denver Broncos - Grade 7.32

What is on record now and our new DC Mike Pettine who has clearly stated that he wants his Pass Rush to come from the inside rather than the EDGE. Even Mathematically Pettine makes sense. The shortest distance between two Points now comes into view and a Pass Rush. i

Let's look at this in simple terms or view it and a Triangle:

A triangle where the apexis represented by 'the Target'of the Pass Rush or the opposition's QB. The left and right hand points or the extreme points of the Defensive Base of the Triangle are two EDGE Rushers positioned off the LOS and Left and Right Tackles or more skilled OLman than the Guards.

Now look at the Inside Lber position and the Straight line Principle.

That ILber is closer to 'the Target or QB' than the two or one EDGE Rusher (s) out on the Base of the Triangle. The ILber has a shorter straight line to the Target as supported by what Packer DC Mike Pettine is describing as his preferred Pass Rush Scheme.

Imagine the Packer 'D' and a RARE talent like LB (ILB) Tremaine Edmunds and in the middle of that Baseline Packer Triangular 'D" and Pass Rush scheme and first down or 3rd and long.

How can you possibly with all your Football Technical knowledge; not wish the Packers hadn't drafted ILB Tremaine Edmunds GRADE 7.17, over a CB Jaire Alexander Graded at 6.03?

You know this pbmax:

There's 'a basic Rule' of Drafting Regimen. Basically and it's 'of course' not written in stone:

You Draft inside out and front to back.

When you see the chance of a Tremaine Edmunds with his outstanding Top Five Draft Grade of 7.17 possibly falling to you.

You don't trade all the way back from NO. 14 to New Orleans at what? NO. 27, (that in all likelihood) will return a late First Round Pick in the 2019 Draft.

The New Orleans Saints are a solid or Vegas Favourite to make the Playoffs this Season.

Toss away an opportunity for that Top Five Draft Tallent (Tremaine Edmunds or Derwin James) . Then panic and move all the way back to Pick NO. 18 and draft what they did, and in that process trade your Third Round Pick in the2018 Draft.

Rather:

You sit at NO. 14 and look for the likes of 'a Tremaine Edmunds' (Grade - SEVEN POINT SEVENTEEN) or Safety Derwin James ( Prospect Grade - 6.44) and Ranked as the Ninth Best Prospect by Grade, to 'fall to you'.

The Packers would have absolutely killed this Draft with at NO. 14 Drafting ILB Tremaine Edmunds and supporting perfectly Mike Pettine's needs and his Pass Rush Schemes; and exactly as they did; 'luck out' with a great Value Pick at Rd. 2 NO. 44 and snapping CB Joshua Jackson.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Specifically pbmax, what's your point and this Post?

How can you possibly with all your Football Technical knowledge; not wish the Packers hadn't drafted ILB Tremaine Edmunds GRADE 7.17, over a CB Jaire Alexander Graded at 6.03?
    I doubt you will address this because you have failed to respond before, but here is the crux of my argument over your point above.

The draft grades you cite above are:

1. Anonymous (can you tell me who did the scouting and evaluating at NFL.com?)
    2. Contain unwarranted precision. NFL grades are often on an eight point scale. Two decimal points makes it look precise, but its just an average.
    3. An average: And we don't know how many numbers are averaged. The more evaluators, especially if we know their track record, the more reliable this number would be.
    4. On an unknown scale of magnitude. We have no information about how certain a 1.14 grade differential makes in the prospects chances to perform at a high level. Is this the difference between mid first and high second round?
    5. Need. You say that Edmunds was the perfect fit for Pettine. Packers needs were OLB and CB. Explain the better fit here.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I doubt you will address this because you have failed to respond before, but here is the crux of my argument over your point above.

2. Contain unwarranted precision. NFL grades are often on an eight point scale. Two decimal points makes it look precise, but its just an average.
    3. An average: And we don't know how many numbers are averaged. The more evaluators, especially if we know their track record, the more reliable this number would be.
    4. On an unknown scale of magnitude. We have no information about how certain a 1.14 grade differential makes in the prospects chances to perform at a high level. Is this the difference between mid first and high second round?
    5. Need. You say that Edmunds was the perfect fit for Pettine. Packers needs were OLB and CB. Explain the better fit here.

While I think about a rebut to your Post above I'll leave you pbmax with this :

A.) http://www.nfl.com/news/author?id=0ap3000000458453

B.)http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...rade-up-for-qb

C.) and also this:

Last edited by woodbuck27; 06-05-2018 at 12:19 PM.

Careful. Michael Bennett might kick ur ass.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Let's look at this in simple terms or view it and a Triangle:

A triangle where the apexis represented by 'the Target'of the Pass Rush or the opposition's QB. The left and right hand points or the extreme points of the Defensive Base of the Triangle are two EDGE Rushers positioned off the LOS and Left and Right Tackles or more skilled OLman than the Guards.
    Whoa professor, you're moving a bit fast for me. Is this an isosceles, equilateral, or right triangle? Are you sneaking in non-Euclidean geometry where two pass rushers go upfield in exact parallel lines, but still meet at the QB? What if a triangle is the wrong model and a heptagon is correct with the other five points being four defensive backs and an inside LB? What kind of trigonometry will the Packers have to employ when most of their salary cap goes to an over-the-hill Clay Matthews who TOTALLY disrupts the unit circle?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck