Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: More Banjo: @ Seahawks NFC Championship ***k Up

Paper Rule Book 1, Internet 0

Jason Wilde @jasonjwilde · 5h 5 hours ago
    RT @DeanBlandino: Regarding #Seahawks onside kick. Rule states you must have at least 4 players on either side of ball. Formation was legal.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Paper Rule Book 1, Internet 0

Jason Wilde @jasonjwilde · 5h 5 hours ago
    RT @DeanBlandino: Regarding #Seahawks onside kick. Rule states you must have at least 4 players on either side of ball. Formation was legal.
    http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/pa...egal-formation

No, the Seahawks Did Not Cheat on their Onside Kick Against the Packers

By: Evan "Tex" Western  @TexWestern on Jan 22 2015, 10:58a

From Article:

" It was legal, so save your breath. And besides, there were about a hundred other factors that contributed far more to the Packers losing the game than Seattle's alignment on the onside kick."
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    For Pete's sake. That's your response !!?

I'm well aware of his injury and not being 100%. That much was obvious if you tuned into anything NFL one day a week since that injury. I'm in contrast certainly well informed on things NFL and Green Bay Packers.

When I post that he didn't look right. I'm referring to his expressions...his demeanour in the game. The fire...where was that 'FIRE" or obvious desire that a Champion must have to be a winner.

This is the NFL MVP we're discussing. This is the NFL MVP and certain Packer MVP playing in the NFC Championship game and it was obvious to me he had something missing in him that didn't assist him in his performance.

He looked great Vs Dallas didn't he?

So where did that go in the Seattle game?
    I didn't see any lack of fire. The last time the Packers had the ball he drove them 50 yards in just over a minute to tie the game against the NFL's best defense. On one leg. Not sure what you mean by his demeanor. He probably wasn't talking on the field much since it's so loud at Seattle nobody can hear him anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I didn't see any lack of fire. The last time the Packers had the ball he drove them 50 yards in just over a minute to tie the game against the NFL's best defense. On one leg. Not sure what you mean by his demeanor. He probably wasn't talking on the field much since it's so loud at Seattle nobody can hear him anyway.
    Perhaps no Championship Belt was disappointing?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...288995771.html
    Matthews could be seen on the sideline trying to loosen up with knee kicks during Seattle's drive to take the lead in the fourth quarter. He did return for the final drive in overtime.
    WTF?????

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    WTF?????
    My thoughts exactly. If he couldn't run because of his hamstrings, that's one thing. But "Mentally, emotionally, physically drained,"? Who wasn't by the 4th quarter?

My thoughts exactly. If he couldn't run because of his hamstrings, that's one thing. But "Mentally, emotionally, physically drained,"? Who wasn't by the 4th quarter?
    Not to mention you have Earl Thomas duct taped together out there and Sherman playing with one arm in legitimate pain.

Big difference there.

Quote Originally Posted by mission View Post
    Not to mention you have Earl Thomas duct taped together out there and Sherman playing with one arm in legitimate pain.

Big difference there.
    How about his own QB?

Out of gas: Linebacker Clay Matthews was out of the game for part of the fourth quarter because of what he said were a couple of injury and fatigue issues.

Matthews could be seen on the sideline trying to loosen up with knee kicks during Seattle's drive to take the lead in the fourth quarter. He did return for the final drive in overtime.

"Mentally, emotionally, physically drained," Matthews said.
    Probably shouldn't get too worked up here because injury is mentioned and not explained and the quote looks like a partial reply.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Probably shouldn't get too worked up here because injury is mentioned and not explained and the quote looks like a partial reply.
    That reporting was a little deceiving. I watched the video of Matthews' comments after the game. The "mentally, emotionally, physically drained" comment was in response to a question about how he felt after losing the game. It wasn't a reason why he missed playing time in the 4th quarter.

That reporting was a little deceiving. I watched the video of Matthews' comments after the game. The "mentally, emotionally, physically drained" comment was in response to a question about how he felt after losing the game. It wasn't a reason why he missed playing time in the 4th quarter.
    Nice catch on the quote mining. I didn't see the postgame interviews. You often see a handful of quotes re-purposed ad nauseamand re-contextualized with different angles. The article I linked sure looks like a bit of a hit piece on CM3, leading with the Sherman/Thomas praise. There could be nothing to it at all and he thought his knee really went out. He was back in on the next series, so it could be much ado.

Prior to this, I did find it interesting that he wasn't made a captain for the playoffs, especially since he took a position change without any apparent public sniping (if he was at all upset by it). That could also be nothing more than Burnett and Peppers really stepping up their motivational speaking, though.

At any rate, I expect a more fully developed McGinn special to come out sometime in March questioning Clay's ability to truly be a leader of the defense as the Packers had likely envisioned when they paid him.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    At any rate, I expect a more fully developed McGinn special to come out sometime in March questioning Clay's ability to truly be a leader of the defense as the Packers had likely envisioned when they paid him.
    ...and I for one will wonder if it isn't at least somewhat true?

We blasted Cutler unmercifully for not fighting to stay in the playoff game against the Packers a few years back. Is it any different for Matthews?

More specifically, I wonder if there is a little prima dona in old Clay? We have seen him pull himself out lots of times. Certainly not the old school fight to stay on the field attitude we think of for linebackers.

Is he a thoroughbred who won't run if he is not at his best?

Is this just what should be expected from today's multi-milionaire athletes?

Study a recording and observe his eyes.

Observe his body language.

Observe his reactions after failed plays.

OBSERVE him !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    ...and I for one will wonder if it isn't at least somewhat true?

We blasted Cutler unmercifully for not fighting to stay in the playoff game against the Packers a few years back. Is it any different for Matthews?

More specifically, I wonder if there is a little prima dona in old Clay? We have seen him pull himself out lots of times. Certainly not the old school fight to stay on the field attitude we think of for linebackers.

Is he a thoroughbred who won't run if he is not at his best?

Is this just what should be expected from today's multi-milionaire athletes?
    I saw something online recently that shows how many snaps each player is in games and Clay is in practically every defensive snap and I've seen him on ST plays too. He did return in OT. I'm not going to question CM3's desire to play.

OBSERVE him !
    You do know he was in pain most of the time when he was playing these past few weeks, right?

Matthews has a WAY more active motor than Peppers and Burnett. I have no problem with his effort on the field. If the NFL had tracking like soccer, he would run more than all but the CBs or deep safety.

If he was a thoroughbred, he wouldn't have come back last year in a club and then argued to have the club reduced to a cast, increasing his chance of re-breaking his thumb.

He accepted the move with the barest hint of doubt and he played it well. He's been remarkable.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus

OBSERVE him !
    I have observed Rodgers for years now. Great player. HOF QB. Plays hurt. One of the most, if not the most accurate QBs ever. When he's out, the Packers are a .500 team at best. I don't give a shit what some deranged fan thinks of his 'body language.'
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

lol.
    C.H.U.D.

Bill Michaels on the radio today hit the trifecta of things we have debunked or confirmed here:

1. He heard from a listener that Matthews was out of the game because he was "mentally exhausted".

2. He caught wind of the Packers being 32nd in the Dallas Morning News survey of Special Teams (but he flubbed the punting evaluation when he excoriated Masthay for his inside the 20 punting)

3. Brought back soft and small as the reason they lost to the Seahawks. Packers got smacked on the chin and fell apart he said. Again. Only when asked to explain how that squared with the first 56 minutes, he claimed it was evident in the Seattle secondary handling the Packer receivers.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    It's no wonder players in general hate fans and sports talk show hosts. Did Michaels say anything about 'body language interpretations' or was he going to toss chicken bones to figure out Rodgers' mental state?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck