Thread: The 2015 " I just can't stay out of jail " Thread .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    I see what you're saying too. I just don't think the NFL is presuming guilt or innocence - just protecting itself from what's actually occurred to it.
    Agreed. One flaw though, that PFT has pointed out several times though, is that the NFL does not consider suspension with pay to be punishment. It is for a several reasons. How this affects things is a big deal in the Peterson case, where he missed almost the entire season on the exempt list, and when they assessed punishment did not give him credit for 'time served'.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Agreed. One flaw though, that PFT has pointed out several times though, is that the NFL does not consider suspension with pay to be punishment. It is for a several reasons. How this affects things is a big deal in the Peterson case, where he missed almost the entire season on the exempt list, and when they assessed punishment did not give him credit for 'time served'.
    That's probably something they could fix, and still appropriately punish while keeping up the appearances they want. But ultimately, it's not up to the NFL. It's in control of the agitators and public opinion. The NFL has made that much pretty clear.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    I agree with the NFL that suspension with pay is not punishment. Until it hits a player's wallet, it's not "punishment" from that standpoint. If the player incurs some "loss" or injustice (what that would be I'm not sure. The guy's getting an extended paid vacation.) due to him not playing in one or more games, then he can/should sue his accusor(s) for retribution because they caused the damage by virtue of their accusation and/or indictment, not the NFL. Hell the NFL probably should sue them too in that case.