Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Official Degenerate Gamblers Thread

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    APB, I'm going to reply to something you posted about in a thread not related to gambling by giving you a hardcore rule to NEVER break.

NEVER EVER lay double digits in a division game. I don't care what the situation is, what the records are or where they are playing. Don't do it...EVER. As in, Washington playing Philly on MNF getting 11.

If you feel you MUST have action (which I often do, not judging) then you take the points and live with the results. Just don't lay them...EVER.

I have a similar rule about redheads, but thats a discussion for a different forum and/or time.
    I put $100 on the Redcoats - thanks to Mad - via the money line @ +415. More than doubled what I woulda made had I won the 4-teams parlay with a Balding Eagle victory.

Thanks for the advice.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Packers at -3 and the Under (42) for a total odds price of +264 a good parlay bet?

dbl post malone
    Last edited by Anti-Polar Bear; 11-18-2022 at 05:33 AM.

Don't wanna upset the Karens, so posting this here. Gonna need ALL the planets to align for me today. If so, the following teams will not only win, but also beat the fucking spread:

1. Buf (vs Cle in Detroit) -8
    2. NYG (vs Det) -3
    3. Phi (at Ind_ -7
    4. Was (at Hou) -3
    5. KC (at LAC) -5.5
    6. Cin (at Pit) -4
    7. SF (at Ari) -8

Where to start.

I am fading the somewhat over rated Eagles, but bought in late so only getting +7 to bet Indy. Also betting under 44.5 in that game.

Had to drive over to Wynn to get the Giants -3 because my app had -3.5. It might be worth the hook. Detroit isn't good, but the Giants are getting zero respect still.

The Raiders are bad, so are the Broncos....but go with the home team in division in a game like this. Got Denver at -2.5

And a game I DID NOT bet, but am intrigued by. Vikings GETTING a point or even 2 at wynn at home against the Cowgirls? Books are thinking all about momentum energy levels I have to believe. Or just a matchup issue. Vikes coming off that big road win vs. Bills and a DOG? The line makes no sense unless you REALLY expect a letdown. I expect letdowns from bad teams which the vikings have proven NOT to be. This is an important game. I'm scared to buck the bookmakers, but my head says vikings.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Where to start.

I am fading the somewhat over rated Eagles, but bought in late so only getting +7 to bet Indy. Also betting under 44.5 in that game.

Had to drive over to Wynn to get the Giants -3 because my app had -3.5. It might be worth the hook. Detroit isn't good, but the Giants are getting zero respect still.

The Raiders are bad, so are the Broncos....but go with the home team in division in a game like this. Got Denver at -2.5

And a game I DID NOT bet, but am intrigued by. Vikings GETTING a point or even 2 at wynn at home against the Cowgirls? Books are thinking all about momentum energy levels I have to believe. Or just a matchup issue. Vikes coming off that big road win vs. Bills and a DOG? The line makes no sense unless you REALLY expect a letdown. I expect letdowns from bad teams which the vikings have proven NOT to be. This is an important game. I'm scared to buck the bookmakers, but my head says vikings.
    If I earn more than the minimum-wage, I, too,
    would put Benjamins ($100 bills) on single games. Alas, I remain a burger flipper. Parlays with Jacksons ($20 bills) will have do. The sad thing about parlays is, the odds are against the better.

The early games fucked all 4 of my parlays, so like a compulsive gambler, I sped north to Green Bay to put $60 on yet another parlay.

My name is Tank Elf Duke and I am a gambling addict. Maybe it is finally time to heed the sagacious advices of the Kentucky!

Where to start.

Vikings? Not sure Bobble. They are not quite as good as their record but play tough at home. I was surprised they were dogs.

I got my son a $100 deposit on stat hero for his birthday last week. He’s 20. So he gets his start in sports gambling. Gambling is fun and harmless when you have a little self control!
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Giants fucked me in all 4 of my early parlays. Otherwise I’d be close to winning 3K.

Fuck! Stupid mistake betting on the Gay Men in all of parlays.

IDK, there are on average something like 3 upsets per week in NFL games, and this year things have been even stranger.
    You might be better off taking weird prop bets like the over/under on Josh Allen rushing yards or something vs. all these parlays. Too much has to go right. Lotto tickets.

Justis Mosqueda
    @JuMosq

The Packers are 1-6 as favorites and 3-1 as underdogs against the spread this year. Team of chaos
    Eagles -6.5 Over/under 45.5.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

The parlays eventually hit. Play the long game, apb!

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    Vikings? Not sure Bobble. They are not quite as good as their record but play tough at home. I was surprised they were dogs.
    Glad I avoided the "trap" game. Bookmakers play 3D chess with games like this. They saw the blowout coming.

Can't complain, started day 2-1. Was free rolling Denver all game with the lead. In the end I lost the vig. Gambling is hard, what can I say....unless you are GBbrandon...he probably is rollin' a $5 million bankroll by now.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    I don't bet parlays, but its a myth that they are worse than straight bets. Oh, when you get up to 5+ games the books charge a premium vig and they get to be worse, but a 3 teamer should mathematically pay 90.9 per leg, or 110x1.909x1.909x1.909=765 which is 6.95 to 1. Generally I get 7-1 for my 3 teamers. On rare promotions I can get up to 8-1...still I don't bet parlays because its a long game. I hate losing several weeks in a row to hit one and get back to even. I'd rather slow grind lose than lose fast hoping to hit that one jackpot to get even. I could get into the bell curves of it all as well. If you are working from a limited bankroll parlays have a higher chance to break you quickly, but also have a higher chance for you to race ahead...etc. etc., boring math stuff that most don't care about. Plus then I'd have to deal with Hoosier challenging my credentials in 2 forums instead of just one.

I’ve looked at how the parlays pay out. They don’t take any extra from the parlay. But like you said, they’re a lot more L’s to get the W

I’ve looked at how the parlays pay out. They don’t take any extra from the parlay. But like you said, they’re a lot more L’s to get the W
    Most places start to take more at 5 games. Different books, different odds. I think Cantor and William Hill are the truest right up the ladder, and the old Hilton superbook (now the westgate) still has some of the best action you could want.

Most places start to take more at 5 games. Different books, different odds. I think Cantor and William Hill are the truest right up the ladder, and the old Hilton superbook (now the westgate) still has some of the best action you could want.
    I never looked what happened after 5 games, but it makes sense that they would protect themselves against huge L’s like that. Most I ever did was 5-ways I think anyway. Never hit one. But I always checked that the odds for the single bet was multiplying the parlay so I wasn’t handicapping myself.

If you can afford to lose, apb, you’ll eventually hit a parlay. It’s better odds than lottery tickets.

Blog Entries
    If he’s betting 25 a week I’d rather just have him send me the money and I will apply it towards my kids college education. Itd
    Be less stress on app, and the money he is giving away every week would at least go for a good cause
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?