Thread: Official Packers vs. Redskins Gameday Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Bacteria looked good. He's not the biggest and strongest LT, but he has great feet and good leverage. No one seems to get by him, even if they crunch the pocket a little from time to time.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Bacteria looked good. He's not the biggest and strongest LT, but he has great feet and good leverage. No one seems to get by him, even if they crunch the pocket a little from time to time.
    But if he goes down they are screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    pretty much
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    pretty much
    How many teams have multiple all-pro LTs on their squads?
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    How many teams have multiple all-pro LTs on their squads?
    Who said they needed that? It's just that the drop off from Bac ain't good.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    The Packers are in better shape at tackle than in 2015 when Bach was hurt. Bulaga and Murphy could man the position there as well as Spriggs.
    'could' - yes they could. The reason I and others think they are screwed is because Spriggs looks like a turnstile. Now, if Murphy is competent, they could survive, but we don't know. He's a question mark. Do people really think at this point Bulaga can step in at LT? He's solid, but RT is his position. I don't think he has that flexibility to go LT. Sure they're better off than having to plug Sitton in there, but so what? Better enough that they can afford to let whomever is in there go one on one? We know Stubby loves 'next man up' and will watch Rogers get killed for at least a half or so rather than change his offense (se at AZ, regular season 2015 if you don't believe me).

I will admit that it's kind of banal to say "If Bac goes down we're screwed" because yeah, most teams will struggle if they have a solid to dominant LT go down (P.S. Seattle: Ha Ha!). As TD so smartly points out, teams can't stockpile all-pro LTs.