Thread: OFFICIAL 2015 NFL DRAFT THREAD

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    I'd like to make sure we came away with 1 of the following LB's in the first couple of rounds...

Benardrick McKinney
    Stephone Anthony
    Eric Kendricks

All 3 of those guys have their warts, but I'd be okay with any of them if we traded back a few spots... if we stayed put?? Maybe McKinney is okay to take in Rd 1, not sold on Kendricks, but there's enough to like; same thing with Anthony.

The only other guy I like that high, that could move inside would be Shaq Thompson. Listed as a tweener S/OLB... but I could see him functioning well as an ILB - if the team that drafted him made a commitment to keeping him clean.

I don't like Dawson, and I do like Perryman on tape, but they took him out on 3rd down a lot, and he didn't move well at the combine - so I'd be shy of him.

If we look at a CB...

Eric Rowe
    Ronald Darby

I've cooled on Williams b/c he simply doesn't have the speed to match up... if he gets beat early, he stays beat.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other guys on my radar after those major hole fillers...

Would do what it took to land Lorenzo Mauldin... can see him developing into a beast, and stepping in for Peppers full time next year.

In the 2nd/3rd round range I like...

Lorenzo Mauldin, OLB
    Josh Shaw, CB
    Quinten Rollins, CB

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those are the guys I've looked at the most... I'm sure there are plenty of offensive players I'd be okay with... I've looked at some, but for now I'm focusing on our major needs.

Further down, I have a man-crush on Christian Covington, and would love to see him in Green and Gold. Don't know where his value is now due to medical...

Will keep looking
    I'd be happy with any of those guys especially with a trade back. Kendricks being my favorite simply because he's the safest. I think drafting a guy who just looks the part is a mistake, recent history has rewarded the teams who take the football player over the athlete. The position requires uncoachable instincts and vision at the NFL speed where rookies who aren't that big and aren't that fast can still succeed immediately there. I'd prefer to grab a polished CB like Johnson, and then grab a couple of gamers like Perryman and Mike Hull or Kwon Alexander later in the draft.

No use making a wishlist though because Ted is going to shit on it.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    I'd be happy with any of those guys especially with a trade back. Kendricks being my favorite simply because he's the safest. I think drafting a guy who just looks the part is a mistake, recent history has rewarded the teams who take the football player over the athlete. The position requires uncoachable instincts and vision at the NFL speed where rookies who aren't that big and aren't that fast can still succeed immediately there. I'd prefer to grab a polished CB like Johnson, and then grab a couple of gamers like Perryman and Mike Hull or Kwon Alexander later in the draft.

I'm with you.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Blog Entries

Yeah, there are so many guys in the round 2-3 projection that anything can happen. Who knows how Ted has them tiered off. He may really like some guys most think are below that too. He took Collins, who had a late round projection, in the 2nd so he's not reading the stuff we are. Perryman's been slotted anywhere from late 1 to the 4th round.

Kendricks and Johnson - the safer bets - could be off the board and then anything can happen. I'm more excited about this year than previous years because I think they've made the right moves so far this offseason and there's the opportunity for this draft class to top it off.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    This is probably the main reason I don't spend a lot of time on the draft. Last year, I watched a ton of video of Moncrief, got my heart set on him, and then TT takes Adams. Better to wait, and then homerize the video of TT's pics, projecting them all into the HOF.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    This is probably the main reason I don't spend a lot of time on the draft. Last year, I watched a ton of video of Moncrief, got my heart set on him, and then TT takes Adams. Better to wait, and then homerize the video of TT's pics, projecting them all into the HOF.
    Its the only time of year I wish for a megalomaniacal owner with lots of cameras following him around.

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

This is what I do any more. Since you don't know anyway, and since I'm so often wrong, I just see who TT picks and then talk myself into thinking they'll be good. Works with some guys (Davante Adams, Clinton-Dix) but not with others (Marshall Newhouse, Davon House).
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    This is what I do any more. Since you don't know anyway, and since I'm so often wrong, I just see who TT picks and then talk myself into thinking they'll be good. Works with some guys (Davante Adams, Clinton-Dix) but not with others (Marshall Newhouse, Davon House).
    That is what I have always done. It goes back to the '60s, when I wasn't even aware that the draft was scheduled until several days after it happened. In those days it was the end of November or early December; between the end of the college season and the Bowl Games.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    That is what I have always done. It goes back to the '60s, when I wasn't even aware that the draft was scheduled until several days after it happened. In those days it was the end of November or early December; between the end of the college season and the Bowl Games.
    We have the opposite problem today. red started this thread seven months before the draft.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    We have the opposite problem today. red started this thread seven months before the draft.
    ya, but it was only in a drunken rage following a narrow escape at home v. the Jets after the opening stinker v. seahawks.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I tell myself that every year, but here I am, researching and watching tape on defensive players and TT probably takes offense with the first two picks.