Thread: Casey Hayward wins November defensive player of the month

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hayward signed a $15.3m contract with the Chargers. He makes around $5m a year. What is the league average for corners?

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Hayward signed a $15.3m contract with the Chargers. He makes around $5m a year. What is the league average for corners?
    He's the 30th ranked CB by salary, which means he should be someone's #1 guy. The Pack obviously didn't see him as that, and you can't really blame them.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    He's the 30th ranked CB by salary, which means he should be someone's #1 guy. The Pack obviously didn't see him as that, and you can't really blame them.
    The problem wasn't Hayward, the problem was and is Dom Capers and the defensive coaching staff.

Our team is stuck as long as Dom, his system, and the coaching staff remain.
    wist

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    The problem wasn't Hayward, the problem was and is Dom Capers and the defensive coaching staff.

Our team is stuck as long as Dom, his system, and the coaching staff remain.

It's Dom' fault Fackrell and Jon Ryan aren't getting a combined 25 sacks a season
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    It's Dom' fault Fackrell and Jon Ryan aren't getting a combined 25 sacks a season
    I assume Dom had a great deal of input into picking those guys...

Surely he is a big part of the evaluation process, beyond the fact that he tells Ted the types of players he's looking for.

For the record, I didn't want either of those guys. I think only a very flawed process can lead a team to consistently pass on obviously better players in favor of pedestrian "good football players" as Ted calls them.

Yes, Ted is largely to blame too, but I think a new and better DC would help steer Ted on the right direction on player evaluations.

That said, I think all this chatter is moot, as dunderdummy isn't going anywhere.
    wist

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    I assume Dom had a great deal of input into picking those guys...

Surely he is a big part of the evaluation process, beyond the fact that he tells Ted the types of players he's looking for.

For the record, I didn't want either of those guys. I think only a very flawed process can lead a team to consistently pass on obviously better players in favor of pedestrian "good football players" as Ted calls them.

Yes, Ted is largely to blame too, but I think a new and better DC would help steer Ted on the right direction on player evaluations.

That said, I think all this chatter is moot, as dunderdummy isn't going anywhere.

You think Dom has input on who Ted drafts ??
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?