Thread: Official GameDay Thread Week 3: Packers @ Lions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I think Rodgers/MM are looking for the big too much. he's holding the ball too long looking down field when there's stuff open quick and short. maybe running no-huddle 100% of the time is a problem too.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    I think Rodgers/MM are looking for the big too much. he's holding the ball too long looking down field when there's stuff open quick and short. maybe running no-huddle 100% of the time is a problem too.
    are we not running plays with a check down dump off? or is rodgers not looking for one?

you noticed staford would look long but after awhile he would dump it off to a RB who would be wide open, usually gaining at least some positive yards. a-rod holds on forever looking deep, the scrambles, looks deep some more before taking a sack

is the check down guy not there? is he always covered? is a-rod not checking down? he does seem to be locking onto his targets more. maybe he only really does trust jordy. maybe more playing time in pre season might have fixed that problem?

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    I think they need to scrap or at least reduce the no-huddle. With Jones and Finley gone, they need to get production out of Adams and R. Rodgers. I don't think those guys know the offense well enough yet to be productive with the accelerated pace of the no-huddle. And yes, Rodgers is sometimes holding the ball too long because he wants to go downfield. That is an old story.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen