Thread: Official 2018 nfl draft thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Pass rusher
    OL
    DB
    WR

My guess is they re-up Adams, modify (i.e., extend w/ more guaranteed $) Cobb and Jordy's contracts to drop their cap numbers, keep Allison and hope Yancey/Davis eventually pans out.
    The injuries on the OL and secondary have exposed the depth. Murphy outplayed Spriggs and the Randall/Rollins draft looks pretty suspect.
    Pass rush makes a huge difference -- you can get away with average DBs if you can consistently pressure QBs without needing to blitz much.

Is this HaHa's last year? If so they'll have to make a decision at S.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Pass rusher
    OL
    DB
    WR

My guess is they re-up Adams, modify (i.e., extend w/ more guaranteed $) Cobb and Jordy's contracts to drop their cap numbers, keep Allison and hope Yancey/Davis eventually pans out.
    The injuries on the OL and secondary have exposed the depth. Murphy outplayed Spriggs and the Randall/Rollins draft looks pretty suspect.
    Pass rush makes a huge difference -- you can get away with average DBs if you can consistently pressure QBs without needing to blitz much.

Is this HaHa's last year? If so they'll have to make a decision at S.
    I definitely agree that we should draft a pass rusher. I've been advocating it for years. The problem is to get a real difference-maker you have to draft in the top five or ten, because every team wants an elite pass rusher. So TT's gonna have to trade up or the team is gonna have to tank in performance this year.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers