Thread: Official Packers Bye Week Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Roster spots are getting tough. No obvious surplus except WR to free up a spot to sign another TE if Cook will be out a few weeks. They have a lot of DBs, too, but with Shields and Burnett out the surplus isn't all that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Roster spots are getting tough. No obvious surplus except WR to free up a spot to sign another TE if Cook will be out a few weeks. They have a lot of DBs, too, but with Shields and Burnett out the surplus isn't all that much.
    They're getting to the point where 7 WR's is a luxury they can't afford. I don't think they can go with just 2 TE's, especially if Ripkowski's back is still an issue. So they probably cut Geronimo Allison and promote Cajuste or sign a free agent. Dare I mention Andrew Quarless?

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    They're getting to the point where 7 WR's is a luxury they can't afford. I don't think they can go with just 2 TE's, especially if Ripkowski's back is still an issue. So they probably cut Geronimo Allison and promote Cajuste or sign a free agent. Dare I mention Andrew Quarless?
    Allison is on the Practice Squad, not the regular roster. If they cut a WR it will be Abbrederis, Janis or Davis.

Hate to say it, but based on how they have been used so far, Abbrederis might be the most likely to be cut among WRs.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Allison is on the Practice Squad, not the regular roster. If they cut a WR it will be Abbrederis, Janis or Davis.

Hate to say it, but based on how they have been used so far, Abbrederis might be the most likely to be cut among WRs.
    I think you're right about Abby if they cut a WR. Janis has more ST value, and Davis is a deep threat they need.