Thread: JC Tretter - what happened to Mr. Versatile?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    They tried him at OT last year, and he wasn't very good. He was good at OC, and I suspect he'd be solid at OG.
    I remember he struggled, but that is not a washout for a beginning pro. He played TE and tackle in college, is said to be athletic. I'm surprised they don't work with him, get him back up on the horse.

They have plenty of tubby guards. I'm concerned Tretter isn't solid anywhere if he can't play LT better than Barclay has shown there. Barclay is a natural guard, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I remember he struggled, but that is not a washout for a beginning pro. He played TE and tackle in college, is said to be athletic. I'm surprised they don't work with him, get him back up on the horse.

They have plenty of tubby guards. I'm concerned Tretter isn't solid anywhere if he can't play LT better than Barclay has shown there. Barclay is a natural guard, after all.
    I thought Tretter looked pretty good at center a year ago before he got hurt. If he's able to back up all three inside spots pretty well, that's nothing to complain about. If they do not like him at Tackle, they probably prefer to slide Lang out to one of the tackle spots, in the case of injury.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    I thought Tretter looked pretty good at center a year ago before he got hurt. If he's able to back up all three inside spots pretty well, that's nothing to complain about.
    I doubt he is powerful enough to be much of a guard. I'd guess the spot other than center where he might be most serviceable would be LT. They already have Tayler, Walker, Barclay who are natural backups at guard.

McGinn suggests Walker will be the swing man to backup all 4 guard-tackle spots.
    http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...323174301.html

JC Tretter is a very good backup at center. Guess he and Walker will be active every week.

Wish Walker was starter at LT tomorrow. Or better yet, Bulaga.

IDK, HH. He was practicing as a guard before they converted him to center.