Thread: The Shadow Predicts.....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    After watching tape of LB Max Bullough, I am impressed. Has a bit of old-school Ray Nitschke, Dick Butkus vibe.
    Like him a lot.
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    After watching tape of LB Max Bullough, I am impressed. Has a bit of old-school Ray Nitschke, Dick Butkus vibe.
    Like him a lot.
    Some of Nitschke's worst days, and the Packers in general back then were spent chasing Tarkenton. Nowadays, half the teams have Tarkenton-types. Point being: I don't want somebody like Bullough when we face Kaepernick, Wilson, or Griffin. I want somebody like Shazier at ILB. That is compounded by the fact the Packer ILBs have a lot of coverage responsibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Some of Nitschke's worst days, and the Packers in general back then were spent chasing Tarkenton. Nowadays, half the teams have Tarkenton-types. Point being: I don't want somebody like Bullough when we face Kaepernick, Wilson, or Griffin. I want somebody like Shazier at ILB. That is compounded by the fact the Packer ILBs have a lot of coverage responsibilities.
    As someone who remembers watching Tarkenton escape a sure sack, run fifteen yards, then dance daintily out of bounds, I have to agree. I don't want another lumbering inside linebacker. I want speed.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack