Thread: An Attempt At Discussing McCarthy's Future

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Not going to lie. The Schottenheimer comparisons are frightening.
    I'm not buying it. MM already won one SB, there is no jinx and no congenital inability to win the big one here. Could MM have done better on Sunday? Maybe, but in his defense he was true to the principles that got the team to that point in the first place. There is a reasonable argument to be made that MM did exactly what he had to do, and that too many players failed to execute when it was time to snuff the life out of the skittles.

But you're an old Browns fan, aren't you? I can imagine that the comparison probably brings back horrid memories that no one would wish to relive.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    I'm not buying it. MM already won one SB, there is no jinx and no congenital inability to win the big one here. Could MM have done better on Sunday? Maybe, but in his defense he was true to the principles that got the team to that point in the first place. There is a reasonable argument to be made that MM did exactly what he had to do, and that too many players failed to execute when it was time to snuff the life out of the skittles.

But you're an old Browns fan, aren't you? I can imagine that the comparison probably brings back horrid memories that no one would wish to relive.
    My eyelid has been twitching since I read his name. And there is a vein popping out I haven't seen in a while.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.