Thread: The Last jedi

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    I've never been able to summon the righteous disgust for midichlorians that some fans do. I suppose they see it as a retcon that spoils our previous concept of the Force and somehow cheapens the mysticism of it with a crappy science explanation.
    Pretty much. And quantifying the force and thereby 'ranking' powers like some bad Yugio GX cartoon my kids would watch. "This kid's midichlorians count is higher than even master Yoda's! He also has a bigger penis."

P.S. if Vaders' midi count was higher than Yoda's, why didn't he wield the electric bolts like Yoda? See - all this wrangling leads you down the path of arguing over stupid and arbitrary power level crap. They killed the magic and mystery of the story. Also, Greedo shot first.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Pretty much. And quantifying the force and thereby 'ranking' powers like some bad Yugio GX cartoon my kids would watch. "This kid's midichlorians count is higher than even master Yoda's! He also has a bigger penis."

P.S. if Vaders' midi count was higher than Yoda's, why didn't he wield the electric bolts like Yoda? See - all this wrangling leads you down the path of arguing over stupid and arbitrary power level crap. They killed the magic and mystery of the story. Also, Greedo shot first.
    If you and I don’t stop agreeing on shit lately, we might have to get a beer together.

Jedi should be able to sense force acuity not measure it with a dip stick like oil. Weak writing over and over again in the prequels. Force Jesus says yippee 8 times in EP1. Just terrible acting and directing. Grown Anikan is a whiny bitch. Then just magically become Darth Vader?
    Padme loses the will do live after giving birth to her first kids? What the effing ef.
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post

Its a well known sign of bad writing to tell rather than show so I'll have to agree with you about the force dick measuring contest. Its bad story telling although hardly a low point in the prequels. Canonically I have no problem with midichlorians.

Its clearly only a measure of potential rather than ability. I assume Vader's weakness to lightning has something to do with his reliance on a life support suit.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Its a well known sign of bad writing to tell rather than show so I'll have to agree with you about the force dick measuring contest. Its bad story telling although hardly a low point in the prequels. Canonically I have no problem with midichlorians.

Its clearly only a measure of potential rather than ability. I assume Vader's weakness to lightning has something to do with his reliance on a life support suit.

aaaarrrrfff !I hate that !... Mommie ?
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau