Thread: Official 2023 Bury Joe Barry Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I'm just getting into the forum after the game, so I haven't seen other posts yet, but I would think some of the heat may be off of Joe Barry. I still probably would prefer a different DC for the Packers, but I'll give Barry credit for putting together a decent D game plan today and doing so without a lot of first string personnel.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I'm just getting into the forum after the game, so I haven't seen other posts yet, but I would think some of the heat may be off of Joe Barry. I still probably would prefer a different DC for the Packers, but I'll give Barry credit for putting together a decent D game plan today and doing so without a lot of first string personnel.
    One game against a real D does NOT excuse nearly 25 games of blowing chunks.

Part of me wonders if he schemed better and played more aggressively because of all the young players in the lineup due to injuries. If so, he is an idiot for not playing his best schematic football at all times.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    One game against a real D does NOT excuse nearly 25 games of blowing chunks.

Part of me wonders if he schemed better and played more aggressively because of all the young players in the lineup due to injuries. If so, he is an idiot for not playing his best schematic football at all times.
    I grudgingly must give Barry credit for the job the defense did in Detroit. He had a second-string secondary and the Lions only scored 22. That’s a good job, like the guy or not.

But like you, I did wonder where the hell this scheming has been all year long. So I agree with your post.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I grudgingly must give Barry credit for the job the defense did in Detroit. He had a second-string secondary and the Lions only scored 22. That’s a good job, like the guy or not.

But like you, I did wonder where the hell this scheming has been all year long. So I agree with your post.
    His tendency is to play cautious, but he's shown the ability to come up with aggressive game plans. Maybe MLF needs to carry a whip to coaches meetings.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post

He also put up a monster effort in the playoff game against SF when our ST allowed a blocked punt to lose it. He has had a few inspired efforts, but again, I can't get behind keeping a guy based on a good game here and there. Coaches preach "consistency" and rightly so. The plays where Myers gets blown up, and the lapses Yosh has tend to kill entire possessions. The game plans Barry has put together have lost us games. If they can demand it of the players we can demand it of the coaches.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    The defense looked better in some ways but they still gave up 460 yards. Forcing turnovers and actually stepping up on 4th downs made the difference. An improvement, but not so dominant that it makes Barry look that great.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!