Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Studs And Duds - Packers vs. 49ers

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Stud: Abby
    They said he couldn't make it thru an NFL game. Ya, he sat on bench, but without injury.
    Somebody on another forum said he was in for extra points and FGs.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Claymaker! Dear god!

Looks like a tribute to the Undertaker.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    needed a picture

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

How did Bach make Captain?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    How did Bach make Captain?
    they made Queeg captain, why not Bacteria?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    I was thinking of the little girl from The Ring.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    they made Queeg captain, why not Bacteria?
    Man I hope they use different criteria than the Admiralty.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

That's funny.

Nick Perry for stud, too. Making that contract push!!

Raji, stud. Rodgers, stud. James Jones - where would they be without him? Richard Rodgers - becoming the red zone guy. Clay Matthews - inspired.

"Meh":

Julius Peppers - is he slowly disappearing?

Donnie Barclay - he's game, but he's barely, barely passable.

The whole O-line was pretty crummy.

Timmy Masthay - shank you very much.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

About the only guy on the team I feel we need to replace is Maathay. Would be nice to get a LT ptospect to upgrade from Bakhtiari, but he's passable. Barclay is only supposed to be a backup to begin with.

Peppers had some nice pass rush turns where he forced CK to move into others. But mainly he cleaned up well once CK decided to bail. Its hard to avoid the grasp of three elephant types, Peppers, Neal and Jones. I liked that four man rush (with Matthews) more than the blitzing earlier which opened some holes in the backend.

Isn't Perry a typical elephant-type?

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Isn't Perry a typical elephant-type?
    Sort of. He's big and strong enough, but he isn't that long. And his best move is his bull rush. Though one of his sacks was speed based as Joe Staley sat hard inside and Perry (who does have good speed but isn't quick like Matthews) went right around him. That's a good sign.

But back to your point, even if he is an elephant on this D, he wasn't out there during the 4 man rush at the end. It was Peppers, Matthews, Neal, Daniels and Jones (subbing in). Not as much Perry in that alignment.

Sort of. He's big and strong enough, but he isn't that long. And his best move is his bull rush. Though one of his sacks was speed based as Joe Staley sat hard inside and Perry (who does have good speed but isn't quick like Matthews) went right around him. That's a good sign.

But back to your point, even if he is an elephant on this D, he wasn't out there during the 4 man rush at the end. It was Peppers, Matthews, Neal, Daniels and Jones (subbing in). Not as much Perry in that alignment.
    This makes sense. Perry is out there to spell Peppers mostly on the obvious run plays, it seems to me (I didn't add up the SF numbers). Dude just puts in the time and does a lot of dirty work. That's why I was so excited he picked up a sack. he's the unassuming lunch pail guy on the Packers.

Oh it's the Meek...blessed are the Meek! That's nice, I'm glad they're getting something, 'cause they have a hell of a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Claymaker! Dear god!
    LOL yeah CM3 looks like he's in a death metal band, and of course A-Rod with the photobomb.

Interesting. He's listed as the same height as Neal but 3 pounds heavier.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Interesting. He's listed as the same height as Neal but 3 pounds heavier.
    I would not have guessed that from the way they play, but now that you write it, I do remember being surprised about Neal's height before.

Maybe elephant designation wasn't the best way to qualify that package. I mainly meant that outside of Matthews (who has missed CK as much as he has caught him in other games), Jones, Peppers and Neal seem to be able to catch Colin in the middle of the pocket when he flushes forward. I like that lineup against him.

Shields has been a stud lately. After struggling against Chicago his play has been phenomenal. I believe this was the second game where he didn't give up a reception (Seattle was the first). Has a pick in 2 straight games and he's been pretty aggressive with his tackling.
    Go PACK

I would not have guessed that from the way they play, but now that you write it, I do remember being surprised about Neal's height before.

Maybe elephant designation wasn't the best way to qualify that package. I mainly meant that outside of Matthews (who has missed CK as much as he has caught him in other games), Jones, Peppers and Neal seem to be able to catch Colin in the middle of the pocket when he flushes forward. I like that lineup against him.

I wonder if that lineup can catch Russell Wilson.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack