Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
I like the priorities on the defense. The team is packed with outside and inside passrushers, and looks to have an embarrassment of riches in the secondary. If this team can pass and stop the pass that'll work. I'm not sure if they'll be any good against the run but that's ok because this isn't 1970.
Pass rush wasn't really that big a problem last year - when dunderdummy dialed up blitzes. We had a goodly number of sacks.

But the secondary was a monstrous mess, and Capers would routinely follow up a blitz and sack, with a 3 man rush that generated no pressure, and there would be receivers running wide open all over the field. 3rd and 14 after a sack, was a very makable conversion for our opponents b/c of how Capers called his defense.

We got absolutely run over in the running game, and our back end was a mess - getting run over in the running game, I put all of that on Capers; the mess in the secondary is not all Capers fault, but at the end of the day - he is the general, and that is where the responsibility lies.

Hopefully MM has read him the riot act, and the influx of Clinton-Dix, and the maturation of the 2nd and 3rd year guys will be enough for us to realize some improvement.