Thread: How Did You Become a Packer Fan?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I was born in a little log cabin in northern Wisconsin where I divided my time between rail splitting and cherry tree chopping. I had to walk 20 miles to the nearest tavern, where I quickly became a fan of the black-and-grey. (We did not have color TV)

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I was born in a little log cabin in northern Wisconsin where I divided my time between rail splitting and cherry tree chopping. I had to walk 20 miles to the nearest tavern, where I quickly became a fan of the black-and-grey. (We did not have color TV)
    Bullshit. Nobody in Wisconsin lives 20 miles from the nearest tavern.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Bullshit. Nobody in Wisconsin lives 20 miles from the nearest tavern.
    LOL boy do you have that right maybe 1 mile

Born and raised in Wausau. Started to watch the Packers with my dad in the mid 70's. I remember how emotional he would get during games and how many interesting curse words I learned at a young age. In retrospect, it's amazing that I became a Packer fan after watching him go through so much torture week after week. But I guess that's just what we did in Wisconsin . Coincidentally, my HS football team, DC Everest, had the same colors as the Packers, except for green helmets. I always thought that was pretty cool.

I live in St. Paul now but could never see switching teams. I'm just not sure how people are able to do that. When I think of cheering for the vikings I just feel dirty. Yuck!