Thread: Former Packers still pursuing the dream

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The reality is that playing a ball in the air is mostly in your head and not physical. Most college corners and safeties don't cut it in the NFL and it's often not because they don't have the physical tools.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    The reality is that playing a ball in the air is mostly in your head and not physical. Most college corners and safeties don't cut it in the NFL and it's often not because they don't have the physical tools.

"did someone mention my name?"

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    That's correct. The first thing a Scout needs to do in grading a DB is determine his intelligence and instincts to defend the pass. The jump a College DB has to make in the NFL is considerable. He has to have the head and work ethic to be able to play his CB and/or Safety position effectively.

A DB may have the absolute desired height (say over 6'-0") or be shorter and possess an excellent vertical jump and sub 4.5 Sec. 40 speed but if he doesn't have the head for good ball defense skills he'll generally fail in the NFL He has to be able to turn up field quick with the receive and not get horribly beaten a lot to leave the open target.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau