Thread: official 2014 nfl draft thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    On the topic of safeties, what are some thoughts about Terrence Brooks. Seems everyone is high on the top three, Dix, Pryor and Ward. I think Dix is a pipe dream if TT stands pat at 21, Pryor, although a good player, doesn't fit what we need and Ward, I just don't know much about. We need that fast safety that can cover alot of ground.

Looks like Brooks is slated to go somewhere in the 2-3 round area. Just going off what I've read, he seems like he'd be a good fit for what the Packers need. He maybe a little unpolished, but so was Nick Collins.

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    On the topic of safeties, what are some thoughts about Terrence Brooks. Seems everyone is high on the top three, Dix, Pryor and Ward. I think Dix is a pipe dream if TT stands pat at 21, Pryor, although a good player, doesn't fit what we need and Ward, I just don't know much about. We need that fast safety that can cover alot of ground.

Looks like Brooks is slated to go somewhere in the 2-3 round area. Just going off what I've read, he seems like he'd be a good fit for what the Packers need. He maybe a little unpolished, but so was Nick Collins.
    like bretsky said a bit ago, there could be a big run on safeties after what we saw in free agency. teams know that safety play is important

that said, i expect brooks to be gone by our second round pick. probably high to mid second round pick from what i've been seeing

after brooks who i put at the #4 safety, you have bucannon, who might be there at our second pick

then you have ed reynolds who is probably a third rounder. then the bottom completely falls out of the safety pool and IMHO there isn't much worth looking at

so theres 5 maybe 6 guys in the whole draft that are worth drafting IMO, all will probably be gone by our 3rd round pick