Thread: THE NFC EAST

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Problem with picking the Boys is that Romo is no more likely to be deathly for 16 games than Bulaga.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Problem with picking the Boys is that Romo is no more likely to be deathly for 16 games than Bulaga.
    This year they seem to have a decent backup, though. Prescott reminds me a lot of Hundley.

Despite all the bad-mouthing he gets, Jerry Jones out-GMs pretty much any GM in the NFL - IMO.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Despite all the bad-mouthing he gets, Jerry Jones out-GMs pretty much any GM in the NFL - IMO.
    I think you have fallen for hype and aura. If you look into what the Cowboys have accomplished, Jones is very mediocre as a GM since the salary cap came into play.

Jones had success before the salary cap, when he could simply outspend most other teams. Since the salary cap came into existence, he is basically average, with no significant playoff success in the last 20 years. In the last 20 years, the Cowboys record is 162-158, barely above .500. They've had just 9 winning seasons, and three of those were 9-7. Mediocre, at best. If he was working as GM for an owner other than himself, he would have been let go long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    This year they seem to have a decent backup, though. Prescott reminds me a lot of Hundley.

Jerry Jones out GM's nobody! The guy is a disaster as a GM, Brilliant as an owner and generating revenue. This team has done nothing since the mid 90's...it took about 3-4 years to dismantle what Jimmy Johnson built and has been a complete mess ever since...

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    deathly != healthy

but auto-correct doesn't care.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.