If the QB waited to be certain of everything he thinks he sees, he would be sacked on every play. He assumes people will do their jobs. He assumes his own receivers will make the adjustments he expects, make the breaks he expects and at the depths he expects. He throws accordingly. If the receivers do not do as he expects, the result is often an interception.

When he sees what to him is an obvious offside, he expects the officials will also do their jobs. I seriously doubt that every time he has had a free play he has confirmed it by actually seeing the flag. He sees the offside/encroachment, and makes certain assumptions based on it.

Besides, the throw that was intercepted was not THAT bad. Sherman also made a very good play on the ball. It was not a good throw for sure, mostly because it was late but also because it was off target, just as many of AR's throws have been since the calf injury. I'm not blaming Adams, but on the other hand he also could have made a better effort at preventing an interception. I think he was surprised at how quickly Sherman adjusted to the less than perfect throw.