Thread: Last Fearless Stab At The 53 Man Roster

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    They have too many good OL to only keep 8. Cut Palmer or Richardson or somebody.
    I could see that, but they've rolled with 8 for awhile and I don't know what Taylor gives you that the other three don't already give you. I think it comes down to special teams. I could see them cutting Banjo or Richardson, but those guys might be core special teams players (along with Elliott and Ripkowski). I was looking for the first team charts for special teams in the last game or two, but I couldn't find it. Abbrederis could get cut too. He may stick on the practice squad. Maybe not though. Midround pick could be enticing for WR-starved teams like Carolina.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    I could see that, but they've rolled with 8 for awhile and I don't know what Taylor gives you that the other three don't already give you. I think it comes down to special teams. I could see them cutting Banjo or Richardson, but those guys might be core special teams players (along with Elliott and Ripkowski). I was looking for the first team charts for special teams in the last game or two, but I couldn't find it. Abbrederis could get cut too. He may stick on the practice squad. Maybe not though. Midround pick could be enticing for WR-starved teams like Carolina.
    Taylor seems to be the 6th guy right now by playing time. Tretter and Walker never got to fill Sitton's spot with him around. He got a TON of snaps at Left Guard.

He doesn't give you much flexibility, but the coaches didn't test anyone else out there with the starters. Wouldn't be the first time depth spots went to the versatile, but the coaches seem convinced he is the third best Guard.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Taylor seems to be the 6th guy right now by playing time. Tretter and Walker never got to fill Sitton's spot with him around. He got a TON of snaps at Left Guard.

He doesn't give you much flexibility, but the coaches didn't test anyone else out there with the starters. Wouldn't be the first time depth spots went to the versatile, but the coaches seem convinced he is the third best Guard.
    You guys and a JSO article on Taylor's improvement have me convinced Taylor will make the roster. Put him in. You could take off Goodson, perhaps Walker, or perhaps either Richardson or Banjo. I'm leaning towards them keeping Walker because he's earned a spot and Richardson and Banjo because of special teams. Taylor has probably earned spot more than Goodson.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson