Thread: Packers may have to waste a roster spot....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    so, does no one have a problem going into the regular season with a backup who has almost no game experience?

this was the preseason where hundley would get all the work he needed to be ready to go if a-rod goes down

he's gotten almost none of the game time and missed a ton of practice time

after missing the whole preseason, will he be ready to be the #2?
    I'm fine with Hundley, assuming he is ready physically. They have said he looked very good in practice, and has good command of the offense. He's been around for a year. Besides, what other options are there?

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I'm fine with Hundley, assuming he is ready physically. They have said he looked very good in practice, and has good command of the offense. He's been around for a year. Besides, what other options are there?
    i agree he looks to have what you want in a backup QB, but he's missing valuable game time experience that young QB's really need

the talent is definitely there, the experience is not

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    i agree he looks to have what you want in a backup QB, but he's missing valuable game time experience that young QB's really need

the talent is definitely there, the experience is not
    Sure, having more experience would be a good thing, but I'm not concerned about it going into the season, so long as he is healthy enough to be counted on as the backup.

That said, Rodgers was the #2 QB his first season. I can't find preseason stats for 2005, but I assume he didn't play significantly more than in 2006, when he was 22/38. Back in those days, the starters played a lot more in preseason than they do now. In 2006, Favre was 34/58, so had a lot more attempts than Rodgers did in 2006.

Last year Hundley was 45/65 in the preseason. If that is about all he has going into this season, he probably has more experience than Rodgers had when he took over as the #2 QB in 2005. It would be nice if he had more experience, but I'm not concerned about it.

I like Callahan. I wouldn't want to lose him anyway.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.