Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I was distinguishing the acts that occurred surrounding the "divorce" from other acts I referenced. For TT you revert back to what he did at the time Favre was lying to the media, lying to the team, lying about the team and undermining everything other than his desire to get out of GB. But, none of that matters, because:.....

The difference between you and me is that not only do I not give a rats ass about how the saga ended, what he has done since, what type of person he has proven to be, at this stage I no longer give a rats ass about what he did on the field. He had a job, he did it pretty well, and he was paid commensurate with his performance.........................End of story.

Why must he receive more?
    Who's asking him to receive more? Not me. The post is in reference to Murphy trying to give him more and fumbling through the means to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    Who's asking him to receive more? Not me. The post is in reference to Murphy trying to give him more and fumbling through the means to do so.
    How did Murphy fumble through this?

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    How did Murphy fumble through this?
    He let it be known publicly that they were at the date booking stage. Which could easily have been under discussion. But he had not secured a commitment to doing it this year from Favre (I am assuming that if Favre had flat backed out after committing, we would have heard different leaks - but that is just a guess).

So when the backpedal occurred, he is forced to either reveal that the talk of scheduling was premature or he has to cover for both sides which is what he chose to do with his statement. He blamed the fans for his poor negotiating skill.

By my count, that is twice Favre has made him look extraordinarily foolish in public. I think the Packers want this too badly to back out over fan concerns, though to smooth them over, they might need #4's cooperation.

Its time to say this: "Brett Favre is the toughest QB the League has ever seen. He is also among the most accomplished with a Super Bowl win and three MVP awards. We are extremely proud of his accomplishments with the Green Bay Packers and stand ready, at any time, to retire his jersey. We would love to adhere to tradition and do it before his certain HOF induction, but the time must be right for Brett and his family. He will know when he is ready. The number is in the book.

P.S. We just signed Ted to a four year extension."

Its possible Murphy's accommodation will work and Brett will come around. But that is not where my money would line up.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    He let it be known publicly that they were at the date booking stage.
    Did he, or was it just more conjecture by sports columnists? To be honest, I flat out don't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Did he, or was it just more conjecture by sports columnists? To be honest, I flat out don't remember.
    Well you might have me there. I was fairly certain, but don't recall the context. I will need to find it.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    Huh? My comments stemmed from your reference to certain fans being "petty and ignorant" if they did not respond well to the event.