Thread: Official Free Agency/Offseason Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    You see that Tex? 16M in dead money from previous seasons. Now we can do it again and clear 16, but we’re still 16 in hole. Keeping Rodgers another year makes for an even worse situation on dead cap. He’s going to be traded.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    You see that Tex? 16M in dead money from previous seasons. Now we can do it again and clear 16, but we’re still 16 in hole. Keeping Rodgers another year makes for an even worse situation on dead cap. He’s going to be traded.
    I don't think the two things are related. Pretty much any team that has been good for several years now is in cap hell. Shit happens. That's what happens when good players need to get paid. Packers are very top heavy - highest paid player at most of their good positions and they just lost the highest paid WR.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Actually, no, I didn't see anything about 16M in dead money. It might be that, but it wasn't in Joe's post above.

As for the list, I'm surprised Amos is on it. I think/hope they still find a way to keep him. Ditto that for Tonyan. As for the rest, either they are old and probably not going anyplace anyway (Lewis and maybe Cobb) or old and probably retiring (Crosby - as I said, I wish they'd keep him as an assistant coach or PS guy in case whoever our new Kicker is gets hurt or in a slump). Lowry I really want to be gone, and Reed isn't much better.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?