Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
I dunno about that. The two big things to come out of last year's M3 input was the 4-3 and NASCAR. The 4-3 was kaput by Week 4 and NASCAR has had its best showings this year.

I don't think M3 makes too many game day calls about alignment or personnel. I think he is more about making that Defense smarter about offense and utilizing multiple personnel.
I'm not talking about improvement from X's and O's. I'm talking about guys screwing up less. Less two guys going into the same gap, less overpursuit, less blown coverages, less shitting their pants at misdirection, more communication etc.

These days everyone has a fixed amount of practice time set by the CBA so its got to be a challenge to get these meatheads to achieve a higher level of preparation than their competition. Coaches like MM willing to challenge everything and reorganize the practices, meeting rooms, and gameday management seems like next level stuff to me. We've known for years he can put together a gameplan and get an offense to run with precision, my theory is that his delegating playcalling duties and preparation frees him up to leverage those organizational skills on defense as well which is why they seem more disciplined.