Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 LastLast

Thread: Official Packers - Browns Game Day Thread

i want them all gone as soon as the season is over

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    It looks like he hurt his back.
    we think he suffered at least 3 injuries on the play

he held both legs, at one point PB saw him hold his right knee and i saw him holding his left hammy, he also was holding his back, and he did land on his bad shoulder

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Jordan was old at that point. Gordon is still pretty young and good enough to attract extra attention. The point is, he makes the offense better if even only as a decoy until opponents figure out where he's at.
    he was 30 when he retired after his dad was murdered

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    i want them all gone as soon as the season is over
    Man up, Sal-Nancy.

stll, jordan wasn't jordan right away after he took a year and a half off to play baseball

its foolish to think the gordon of today is the same guy we saw 4 years ago
    Gordon isn't 36.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I think teamcheeze changed up his negative mantra this week.

Good work.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    He knows there is a Golden Corral right around the corner from the stadium.
    I'm betting he had 7-10 coastal tacos Saturday night
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Gordon is a real physical specimen. If that guy can stay off the bud, he will return to beast mode.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Senior Rat Veteran TravisWilliams23's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    The box score showed Montravius Adams played and made a tackle. Does anybody remember seeing him in the game?
    Yes. I saw at least one play with him in there.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Gordon isn't 36.
    neither was jordan we he retired and came back the first time

hell he was only 35 when he retired the second time

neither was jordan we he retired and came back the first time

hell he was only 35 when he retired the second time
    I think we were both referring to the second retirement. Hence 36 and my reference to "old" (pro sports old)

After the first one he was still pretty good.

from wikipedia:

Although he had not played an NBA game in a year and a half, Jordan played well upon his return, making a game-winning jump shot against Atlanta in his fourth game back. He then scored 55 points in the next game against the Knicks at Madison Square Garden on March 28, 1995.[29] Boosted by Jordan's comeback, the Bulls went 13–4 to make the playoffs and advanced to the Eastern Conference Semifinals against the Orlando Magic. At the end of Game 1, Orlando's Nick Anderson stripped Jordan from behind, leading to the game-winning basket for the Magic; he would later comment that Jordan "didn't look like the old Michael Jordan"[73] and that "No. 45 doesn't explode like No. 23 used to."
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

at least I'm on the treadmill so I'll not have wasted my afternoon.
    If you can watch game AND type while on the treadmill then you're not working hard enough

I think we were both referring to the second retirement. Hence 36 and my reference to "old" (pro sports old)

After the first one he was still pretty good.

from wikipedia:

but since i made the first referenece, it was the first time, and he was not "jordan" right away after he came back, it took until the next season for him to return to full form

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    If you can watch game AND type while on the treadmill then you're not working hard enough
    Siri, set the treadmill to 11.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    I'm developing a fartlek-type workout where my intensity levels vary according to drives and situations. Early in the half when there are less commercials and the drama is fairly low I can usually get a good 30 minute build into whatever is next. After that I will start to crank up the pace when the situations get more urgent/stressful or turn it down to a fast walk during commercial breaks, building toward basically alternating near sprints with walks.

I'm going to call it the Cardiac Pack workout .
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

I'm developing a fartlek-type workout where my intensity levels vary according to drives and situations. Early in the half when there are less commercials and the drama is fairly low I can usually get a good 30 minute build into whatever is next. After that I will start to crank up the pace when the situations get more urgent/stressful or turn it down to a fast walk during commercial breaks, building toward basically alternating near sprints with walks.

I've developed a T-shirt I wear in road races that says "Old Fartlek" on the back

Ordinarily I would say you should do the high intensity in the first half before fatigue sets in. But I suppose with the Fartlek we don't have to worry about you running out of gas in the second half, do we.

another nail biting win out of no where. great throw and catch for the game winner. i hope that's the last we see of Hundley except for next preseason...when he does 3rd string work...but if we don't get the help we need from others in the next couple of weeks don't be surprised if he's back.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I wrote the software for a bone density scanner back in the day. Well, a professor did the fancy thinking, I was his programming monkey. GE bought the startup and most bone density scanners sold are based on that guy's work.
    Wow. Cool. Back in the day GE had a medical development division based out of Oconomowoc. Any connection?

i do like how hundly is getting all the credit, when it was adams that made the play out of a 1 yard nothing throw