Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Obligatory Official Game Day Thread - Final Exhibition

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    I would really like to see them keep Hill over Callahan.
    I think they'll keep 2 and put Hill on the PS.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Josh Jones fails to make tackle resulting in a TD. That's gonna look bad on tape.

Brewers lead 5-2.

Brice got up slowly after making shoestring tackle on a punt.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Brice got up slowly after making shoestring tackle on a punt.
    Hurt his left arm?

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Hurt his left arm?
    Brice hurt his left shoulder.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Josh Jones fails to make tackle resulting in a TD. That's gonna look bad on tape.
    it looked bad live.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Did Chudnovsky play the whole game for the Rams? That's weird.

I was to see Hall make the team somehow.

Gannon kept saying how great Hundley is but his accuracy sucked and he kept looking down at the pass rush. And he can't throw an egg 90 yards.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Hundley isn't instinctive at avoiding the rush like Rodgers. That's urgent, given the way our O Line can't keep the pass rush out.

I wonder whether the Rams D was just weak against the run game or if those Packer backup O Linemen playing for jobs stepped up. It was nice to see our young RBs get some room to run - FINALLY.

I certainly hope they keep Price in the D Line and Ringo too. Both have looked better than Francois to me. I think all of them stay, though.

Gilbert looks borderline decent - probably better than Fackerell, but probably he's the one to lose his spot with the Brooks signing.

I'd like to see us keep 3 QBs on the 53 and the fourth on the PS, but I'm pretty sure now that both Hill and Callahan will get cut, and whichever doesn't get snapped up by somebody else will be kept on the PS.

I think Dupre and McCaffrey both get cut and PSed if somebody else doesn't get them. That leaves 7 plus Allison. The fact we didn't see much of Clark tonight may mean they will try to sneak him on to the PS.

Of the backup O Linemen, Spriggs, of course, was mostly bad again tonight but I can't see them cutting him. I wish they would let Barclay go, but probably they keep him. Of the rest, it looked to me like Amichia and McCray were the best. I hope they don't keep more than 8 altogether, as none of them are all that great, top to bottom. The offense is great in spite of the O Line, not because of it.

We still have no star quality Corner, but we have a helluva lot of good ones. I liked Donatello Brown even before tonight, but I doubt he is kept other than maybe the PS. It looks like 6 stay, Hawkins showing enough to be the 6th.

Obviously Josh Jones makes the team, but I really don't think he has looked quite as good as either Brice or Evans.

They damn well better not do like last year - cut Vogel and bring in some lemon from another team to punt.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Hundley isn't instinctive at avoiding the rush like Rodgers. That's urgent, given the way our O Line can't keep the pass rush out.
    I don't get all the Hundley love. He has a decent arm. I just don't see the flashes of a future starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I don't get all the Hundley love. He has a decent arm. I just don't see the flashes of a future starter.
    As long as the Jaguars see it, that's all that matters.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

I see a lot of Dak Prescott in Hundley. With an outstanding O Line, I think he could be a top half of the league starting QB at least.

What makes you think the Jags are his prime landing spot? Bortles isn't that horrible. Denver, Houston, Buffalo, Cleveland, the Jets, the Niners, maybe the Bears have worse starting QBs, and the Giants and Saints have aging starters with poor backups.

With all those possibilities, Ted really oughta be able to get something decent for him.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

You've all missed out on the most important question coming out of tonight's game:

Does Fritz have to carry the mantel of starting next week's regular-season-opener game thread, since I began this one and the Packers won? Or do exhibition games not count?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I see a lot of Dak Prescott in Hundley. With an outstanding O Line, I think he could be a top half of the league starting QB at least.
    I see a lot of Ezekiel Elliott in Aaron Jones. Just needs great run blocking.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    You've all missed out on the most important question coming out of tonight's game:

Does Fritz have to carry the mantel of starting next week's regular-season-opener game thread, since I began this one and the Packers won? Or do exhibition games not count?
    I think it doesn't count, but if you want to put yourself out there for Week 1, as Drew Berrymore says in your dreams "Go for it big boy".
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Boy, this thread was about as inspiring as being at the game last night knowing that none of the starters I wanted to see would play.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post

You should do it.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Okay.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    You should do it.
    yup. can't break the mojo.

I don't know how much mojo a meangingless exhibition win carries, but we'll find out.

It should be a good match-up. I just would love to see the Pack sack Wilson good a few times. Oh, and win the game.

KYPack