Thread: Compensary Picks 2018

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hyde was fine as a slot corner, but he was not going to shut anyone down in the Packer scheme. You need to be quick like Randall or an Octopus like King to do it.

Hyde was solid and reliable, two traits pretty rare during his roster stay. But if he could actually play safety at a Pro Bowl level, then Dix shouldn't be here or Burnett should have been traded/released.

Another case of round peg and only square holes available in the scheme if he is really that good.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Hyde was fine as a slot corner, but he was not going to shut anyone down in the Packer scheme. You need to be quick like Randall or an Octopus like King to do it.

Hyde was solid and reliable, two traits pretty rare during his roster stay. But if he could actually play safety at a Pro Bowl level, then Dix shouldn't be here or Burnett should have been traded/released.

Another case of round peg and only square holes available in the scheme if he is really that good.
    Hyde's not gonna shut down anyone in any scheme - not in the Packers's scheme, not in the Bills'. He's not a shutdown corner. He's a goddamn safety.

If "solid" means allowing 20 big plays for every big play a player makes, then I guess Mr. Hyde was a solid slot corner. But I'm pretty sure that's not the definition of solid. Solid might be D. Adams last season. Solid was never Hyde.

I, for one, am jolly Mr. Hyde's not donning the Green and Gold anymore.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Hyde's not gonna shut down anyone in any scheme - not in the Packers's scheme, not in the Bills'. He's not a shutdown corner. He's a goddamn safety.

If "solid" means allowing 20 big plays for every big play a player makes, then I guess Mr. Hyde was a solid slot corner. But I'm pretty sure that's not the definition of solid. Solid might be D. Adams last season. Solid was never Hyde.

I, for one, am jolly Mr. Hyde's not donning the Green and Gold anymore.
    He was assignment sure (solid) and he could tackle. He was a safety. Another example of "versatile" parts being played out of position on defense.

But he was also close to the best slot player they had over the course of his time here.

But even with his limitations and being out of position, he would have helped last year. Just too many injuries.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.