Thread: The So Early It's Both Awesome & Stupid Thread- Pick the 53

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    I'd feel a lot better about the o-line with Barclay in there. Doesn't take much in this league to go from deep roster to shallow. That could be a place where we see a newcomer or two filling those 9th and 10th practice squad spots.

Also, I read some speculation that Perry may be on the trading block. Probably wouldn't get much value for him but that could make some sense... Palmer is serviceable at the bottom of the roster and is still seeing reps on 1st team ST's. I'd shudder to see Perry on special teams. He seems to have an attitude like he thinks he's above that. And with Matthews' and Neal's injury history and Peppers' age he could be a key contributor through the season.

Give Hubbard a year to bulk up that big frame with Elliott and another draft... I could see Perry's days numbered but it seems to me that should be a year away yet.

Vince, I'm curious as to where you heard or read about Perry's bad attitude. I've seen this mentioned before, but I've seen no real proof that he's got a bad attitude. In fact, Clay Matthews came out a couple months ago, I think, and said Perry shouldn't have been playing at the end of the last season with the injury he had, but that the dude gutted it out.

I wonder if Perry is getting a bad rap.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Vince, I'm curious as to where you heard or read about Perry's bad attitude. I've seen this mentioned before, but I've seen no real proof that he's got a bad attitude. In fact, Clay Matthews came out a couple months ago, I think, and said Perry shouldn't have been playing at the end of the last season with the injury he had, but that the dude gutted it out.

I wonder if Perry is getting a bad rap.
    I think Perry can play but his attitude questions go back to when he was drafted, saying he didn't want to play outside backer. As a rookie coming into the league, it just strikes me as having too much of a sense of entitlement to feel like you're justified to be telling teams what you want to play and what you don't. A rookie coming into the league should have the opposite attitude in my opinion. They should be thrilled to be a part of a team and want to do whatever is asked of them to contribute to the team's success. Old fashioned maybe but just my opinion.

Then this offseason when Perry held himself out of OTA's exacerbated it. I'm saying that based on the coaches response to questions about his availability and his admission in a locker room interview on Packers.com about a month ago that yeah the coaches talked with him about the importance of participating but he felt like he had to do what's right for himself or something close to that. Voluntary or not, you choose not to do what the coaches think is best for the team - that's not the attitude I'm looking for if I'm a part of the Packers.

There's a bit of speculation in there for sure Fritz, but I'm just a guy spewing shit on a message board so I retain the right to speculate...