Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: How good can Sam Shields become?

Shields is a natural talent... feel a lot better about the defense as a whole knowing that we're fielding 3 solid corners. Shields is real find.
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Shields is a natural talent... feel a lot better about the defense as a whole knowing that we're fielding 3 solid corners. Shields is real find.
    I agree. He has made quite an impact for an undrafted rookie. It's nice to see a player that looks like he can replace a starter if needed. I never had the same feeling about any other young CB in the last 8-10 years, other than Tramon Williams.

The one thing that is a bit of a concern if Williams and Shields are the starters in the future, the Packers will be a bit small at cornerback. Neither one is very big.

Wink

I'd just like to state I was the first poster here that was high on Shields before anyone even knew who he was. Yay for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    I'd just like to state I was the first poster here that was high on Shields before anyone even knew who he was. Yay for me!

Quit cutting in line.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I agree. He has made quite an impact for an undrafted rookie. It's nice to see a player that looks like he can replace a starter if needed. I never had the same feeling about any other young CB in the last 8-10 years, other than Tramon Williams.

The one thing that is a bit of a concern if Williams and Shields are the starters in the future, the Packers will be a bit small at cornerback. Neither one is very big.

Tramon still won that jump ball yesterday.

I called up Ted Thompson and suggested he sign Shields.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I called up Ted Thompson and suggested he sign Shields.

I called Miami and suggested they move Shields to CB.

"Success has a thousand fathers, failure is an orphan." Anybody want to claim Brandon Underwood?

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post

Not true. My brother and I saw him in the first couple TC practices of the year. He was breaking up passes from the start. Unless you knew he was good before he ever stepped foot on the practice field (in which case you're just throwing darts and nobody cares), you weren't the first.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Don't you want Dave to go with Sam?

Not my thought! Sam & Dean from Supernatural; the Winchester boys...hunting monsters of the midway! YEAH!
    Last edited by mmmdk; 01-11-2011 at 07:12 PM.
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2019,
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2018,
    PackerRats Pick'Em 2016-17 Champ + Packers year Survival Football Champ 2017,
    Rats Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2013,
    Ratz Survival Football Champ 2012,
    PackerRats1 Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2006.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    He certainly has the size/speed and ball skills to be outrageously good. He really has no ceiling. That said I think he might be limited by his intelligence and if you'd heard the guy speak you would probably agree. My guess is that he becomes about as good of a corner as Devon Hester is a WR.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

If my memory serves me, Brandon was the first one I heard gushing over shields. Also he was always saying we don't need a f.a. Running back due to having Starks on the roster....good call Bran

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    Not true. My brother and I saw him in the first couple TC practices of the year. He was breaking up passes from the start. Unless you knew he was good before he ever stepped foot on the practice field (in which case you're just throwing darts and nobody cares), you weren't the first.
    Ok, go to the other board and check. I remember saying this guy was going to be special and someone compared him to Mike Hawkins then you said you and your brother said he was better. Like I stated before I'm a big VT fan and watch a lot of ACC football. I'm also typing drunk on my iPhone and don't feel like going on with this topic but I'll be back tomorrow. And fuck Colin Cowherd for saying Matt Ryan is better than Rodgers.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    This thread has become exciting. I wonder whose shit will end up smelling better: Brandon's or JH's?

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    My guess is that he becomes about as good of a corner as Devon Hester is a WR.
    That happened sometime in October.

Colin Cowherd is the weathervane of conventional wisdom (I may have said this before). He claims to appreciate smarts, but he really worships money. He is a mimic. I heard he is getting some kind of TV show. Someone will need to check how far along we are to the apocalypse.

He also thinks the Baseball Hall of Fame shouldn't be about nerds and numbers, but then agrees with guests who think the only measuring sticks are 300 wins, 4,000 strikeouts, 500 homers or 1200 RBIs. In other words, he prefers large numbers and is fearful of decimal points.

Not. A. Fan.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell View Post
    I called Miami and suggested they move Shields to CB.
    I knocked up Sheilds mom when I was in college....I WIN!!!!
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Can't wait until Joe gets the search function working.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    This thread has become exciting. I wonder whose shit will end up smelling better: Brandon's or JH's?
    Its close because I think Brandon is onto something and both thoughts might be in the same thread. Its possible one of them is 12 minutes smarter than the other though....
    Last edited by pbmax; 01-11-2011 at 08:13 PM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Colin Cowherd is the weathervane of conventional wisdom (I may have said this before). He claims to appreciate smarts, but he really worships money. He is a mimic. I heard he is getting some kind of TV show. Someone will need to check how far along we are to the apocalypse.

He also thinks the Baseball Hall of Fame shouldn't be about nerds and numbers, but then agrees with guests who think the only measuring sticks are 300 wins, 4,000 strikeouts, 500 homers or 1200 RBIs. In other words, he prefers large numbers and is fearful of decimal points.

Not. A. Fan.
    I think Colin Cowherd is the ESPN employee that annoys me the most... and that's really saying something.
    </delurk>