Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
Tom Silverstein
@TomSilverstein

Pretty big coup for #Packers coach Matt LaFleur and DC Jeff Hafley. They are expected to hire former #Dolphins LBs coach Anthony Campanile, a source said. The #Giants had interviewed Campanile for their DC job and the #Eagles wanted him as a linebackers coach, the source said.
Damn! This one's a great hire! Gute, Murphy, and Lafleur are dialed in on strengthening this team top to bottom. Campanile is the kind of guy who can turn Quay Walker into a star. He was rumored to be a possible candidate for our DC position, and an early possibility to replace Hafley at BC. He's a young, very passionate coach with a good track record everywhere he goes, and I think our defense just got significantly better.

That Mannion hire the other day is a brilliant move, too - a longterm investment in a very exciting new coach. I can't believe that one's completely slipped under the radar here, except for your mention of it the day it happened. I was tempted to start a thread, but I'm too new here so I didn't. I think he has a hell of a future, and he's getting a lot of buzz on some other forums.

Hiring Oghobaase was something I found interesting. Lafleur must have a ton of confidence in Hafley, because he's completely invested in him now. I'm a little skeptical of Hafley, to be honest, because BC's defense was terrible under his reign, and I'm not exacly doing backflips at the idea of Hafley bringing over one of the key coaches from that defense, but I'm just going to trust Lafleur and Gute to know what they're doing. A lot of Lafleur's coaching hires have been mediocre at best, and some downright awful, so I'm a little nervous. But maybe he's learned from his early mistakes, and developed a better eye for coaching talent.