Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
It would have been nice for M3 to have this sense of urgency prior to 2018.

Frankly this kinda reeks of panic now that the revolution is going outside. I am not impressed with his throwing other people under the bus in this manner.

I kinda wished they had started over. If they were going to dump Ted, dump the coach too and put the new GM in charge of fixing on the fly.

I have been through this before. Half measures don't normally work. Half measure get you Bud Carson, Mike Sherman as GM and Buddy Nix. I don't think it was broken (except to decide between Dom and Ted's approach) but sacking the two of them means the third should have gone too.
I am not convinced that this is all desperation mode. Before Rodgers went down the Packers looked to be as good as any team in the NFC. Under Hundley the offense suddenly became inept and the defense proved unable to bottle and reproduce its early brilliant performance against Seattle. But if you could replay the season and avoid the key injuries, I would wager that the 2017 Packers would be as good if not better than the 2016 version.

Moving forward, the departure of Capers is related to the defense's underperformance over the past two years, but it is far less clear what prompted the reassignment of TT. Was it because his efforts to restock talent have failed? Or was it because health and/or age were preventing him from carrying out all of his duties? I am not convinced that we are seeing a revolution here. And McCarthy's continued presence is evidence that the surrounding pieces may be moving for various reasons.