Thread: New Orleans

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Appropos of that, Rodgers is getting mega coverage about his blocking being the reason he saw more snaps Sunday.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 8m8 minutes ago
    #Packers Notes: Richard Rodgers' blocking gets him on the field ... http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...279864752.html

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 1h1 hour ago
    Also, #Packers TE Richard Rodgers makes strides in his blocking, Mulumba update and 2013 7th-rounders get their shot http://pck.rs/1tH2m8s

This despite his error (McGinn dinged his for partial responsibility) getting Rodgers sacked and two bad run blocks. Actually Bob said the most promising block throw by a TE was by Bostick in limited action.
    Man, I feel like I could cut up a couple minutes worth of evidence saying just the opposite from the Miami game. He wasn't the only one who was horrendous but he probably was the worst runblocker on the field.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    Man, I feel like I could cut up a couple minutes worth of evidence saying just the opposite from the Miami game. He wasn't the only one who was horrendous but he probably was the worst runblocker on the field.
    I mentioned in another post, it doesn't seem to be inline blocking he excels at, it's the open field stuff, springing WR's for big gains.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    But go back and watch that play where Starks picked up the 3rd and 10 on the last drive. Rodgers wiped out the DE...turned up-field and shielded off a LB from Starks when he first caught the ball...then got in the way of another LB or DB to give Starks a chance to pick up the 10 yards. Without Rodgers, that play doesn't get the 1st down.

TE is a far different position in the NFL than it is in college. Rodgers has the smarts to be an effective blocker...but it will take some time for him to get there. To me, he's looking better each week...but he's still below average at this point.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!