Thread: More Banjo: Week 11 vs. Baltimore

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I think perhaps the Packers whole team concept is obviously too dependent on Rodgers much like the Colts with Manning. You know you can put up a lot of points and force other teams to play catch-up or at least try to match your big play offense so you design a defense to minimize big plays and be opportunistic with turn overs. You always finish in the top 5 or so so you essentially don’t have a first round pick every year, so the team at best becomes a collection of pretty good guys. No beasts anywhere. No real game changers except Rodgers. So when he’s out it all goes down.

It’s fine to compare to NE but that’s arguably the best coach and organization in the history of the NFL so it’s not exactly going to give you a balanced prerspective.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I think perhaps the Packers whole team concept is obviously too dependent on Rodgers much like the Colts with Manning. You know you can put up a lot of points and force other teams to play catch-up or at least try to match your big play offense so you design a defense to minimize big plays and be opportunistic with turn overs. You always finish in the top 5 or so so you essentially don’t have a first round pick every year, so the team at best becomes a collection of pretty good guys. No beasts anywhere. No real game changers except Rodgers. So when he’s out it all goes down.

It’s fine to compare to NE but that’s arguably the best coach and organization in the history of the NFL so it’s not exactly going to give you a balanced prerspective.
    Was it is a mortal sin of Ted and Mike to contruct the team around Rodgers' considerable skills like Indy did?

I'm borrowing a post from another forum who says it like I believe but better than I can.

The other thing that needs to stop being said is "you can't build a team/scheme around Aaron Rodgers." Yes you can, and should. The purpose of this roster/scheme should be to maximize Aaron and his gifts when he's on the field. The OL should be built to pass pro over rub block, the WRs and TEs should be tailored to what Aaron wants. Anything and everything to maximize his ability out on the field. When you have a generational talent, you build your roster for him on the field, yes he can be lost to injury like right now, but you're talking one year out of many our offense isn't firing on all cylinders, instead of every year.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    But thats the bar we set for our coach and organization....is that so wrong :P
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.