Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
Looks like we are learning how important Nelson really is. Teams are game planning for Cobb and not really have to worry about the deep threat this year.

True, but It's also about the depth. If they had abracadabra and monty out there the whole year, they be torching the other team's fourth and fifth dbs. Loss of the top tier Rodgers security blanket means they have to overwhelm with depth. The defense is the same way - notice how much better it's running with all the parts available. Packers have virtually no top tier talent. Maybe Rodgers and Matthews at this point, and I wouldn't even say that with the way they are both playing/being used. Need all hands on deck.

Nelson/security blanket also was a reliable go to hands guy. 2/17 jones/Adams have pretty much lost Rodger's confidence. So who the hell does he throw to now?

Comparing to NE, Brady never flinches when guys go down: why?

1) Coaching - the receivers don't know what the hell they are doing
2) Rodgers - won't throw to anyone he doesn't 'trust'
3) WRs - The play of some of these guys doesn't inspire trusts, so there you are.
4) Video games - too many of them apparently, leading to (3) and making (1) less effective
5) I hate football, why do I torture myself?
6) All of the above