Thread: Official Fire Jeff Hafley Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I don't care so much about the NIL portion ruining college football. My BIGGEST worry with CFB is the seemingly unlimited transfer portal. THAT is what's killing the sport.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by SudsMcBucky View Post
    I don't care so much about the NIL portion ruining college football. My BIGGEST worry with CFB is the seemingly unlimited transfer portal. THAT is what's killing the sport.
    That is only accelerating with the NIL. Hey, if you transfer to college X we will give you $250,000 in NIL deals.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    That is only accelerating with the NIL. Hey, if you transfer to college X we will give you $250,000 in NIL deals.
    Yeah NIL and transfer portal has turned CFB into a mess. Not necessarily the concept, but the implementation. It more of less allows legal tampering and benefits that got a lot of football players and programs pilloried in years past.

It's bad on coaches, they play all season to win, get a bowl game, and their best players sit out for the draft or transfer after the game to another U. They have to recruit nonstop, fund raise for NIL, and do a lot of other glad handing that is marginally football related at best.
    There literally is no break for coaches in CFB anymore, and they are starting to look at the pros with envy, which is interesting considering the in-season hours NFL coaches put in. At least they get time off though.

Conference realignments (e.g., the death of the PAC12 and probably the ACC) are also doing no favors. Right now a lot of people think CFB is broken and a significant number of coaches want out.