Thread: An Attempt At Discussing McCarthy's Future

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    what the fuck? Are you fucking kidding me? Fucking playoffs almost every year for 20 years. 3 Super Bowl wins in 18 years. 13 championships, two great HOF QBs back to back. Arguably the greatest coach in all of sports history. Lambeau Field. Mystique with no rival. What the hell is wrong with you people?
    Do you remember the 70s and 80s?
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    Yes. And this aint them.

Playoffs every fucking year. In contention, every fucking year.

Does this hurt? Fuck yes. But it beats losing to Dal at home or not even making it to the playoffs.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    I lived through that drought. Bart Starr as HC/GM, coming on the heels of the Dan Devine era. You'd think they would have learned from the mistakes of Dan Devine and gone separate GM and Head Coach when they hired Starr. He was behind the 8 ball right off the bat with the desperate Devine trade for John Hadl trade handcuffing the franchise for several years. It's right up there with the Hershel Walker trade between Minnesota and Dallas, just not as famous.

Back in those days and the next 17 years that followed, I never would have dreamed about a Super Bowl. I remember the strike shortened 1982 where the Packers beat the St. Louis Cardinals in the playoffs, thinking maybe they are building something, but they could never build that defense, but the offenses were fun.

This team does not have any of the same problems that Packer teams of those days had. Not even close. That said, as fans we are living off the current standard of living with higher expectations, cheering for an actual contending team that should be making hay. No matter who we add to the roster, how well they are coached up, how strong our regular season record is to get us 2nd seed in the NFC, a home playoff game, etc., if they get in the big game/moment and gack it up because of coaching decisions and player miscues, you begin to wonder what is the root cause.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan