Thread: Official Packers vs. Patriots Discussion Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I don't know what was up with the Dallas line in that game. I feel like that is more of the outlier than the norm, so don't get too excited.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    I don't know what was up with the Dallas line in that game. I feel like that is more of the outlier than the norm, so don't get too excited.
    I agree... the Cowboys OL just had a bad game. There is no comparison between the Dallas OL and ours... they are lightyears better.
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    I agree... the Cowboys OL just had a bad game. There is no comparison between the Dallas OL and ours... they are lightyears better.
    Really???

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...alse&Submit=Go

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...alse&Submit=Go

I don't know what your point is... I don't think even the most homey homers on here would argue that our OL is anywhere in the same league as the Cowboys.

They can run the ball - they do run the ball; and we cannot. The only way we can run the ball is by using the pass to set up the run... the Cowboys are good enough that they don't have to do that, they can simply line up and run it down your throat more often than not... they just had a bad game yesterday.

Our OL is there to pass block... anything that gets accomplished in the running game is an afterthought. They're not knee-benders at all, there's no pulling or trapping - we have 3 running plays, and that's it.

If we had Dallas's OL, and the Vikings defense?? We'd be in business
    wist

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I don't know what your point is... I don't think even the most homey homers on here would argue that our OL is anywhere in the same league as the Cowboys.
    obviously people are comparing the performances of GB and Dallas O-line versus Philly's D. The thing is, it isn;t just the lines of course, it's the lines plus the QB*. And Rodgers is so vastly superior to Romo that he will make a line look better. (I didn't get a chance to see the Dallas game, so I don't know how bad the line versus Romo played in that game)

*and RBs, but that's probably a wash or slight advantage to Lacy.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    obviously people are comparing the performances of GB and Dallas O-line versus Philly's D. The thing is, it isn;t just the lines of course, it's the lines plus the QB*. And Rodgers is so vastly superior to Romo that he will make a line look better. (I didn't get a chance to see the Dallas game, so I don't know how bad the line versus Romo played in that game)

*and RBs, but that's probably a wash or slight advantage to Lacy.
    Tony Romo was totally put off his rhythm by Philly's 'D'.

4 SACKS and 1 FF and 2 Picks . That game was all Eagles and in the first half the Boys defense was gassed by the pace of the Eagles offense. That exhaustion was spared 'worse' in the second half due to a long spectacular at the half.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

They [Dallas] can run the ball - they do run the ball; and we [Packers] cannot. The only way we can run the ball is by using the pass to set up the run... the Cowboys are good enough that they don't have to do that, they can simply line up and run it down your throat more often than not... they just had a bad game yesterday.
    Using these assumptions, please explain the end of the Vikings game please. Specifically, the last 3:32.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Using these assumptions, please explain the end of the Vikings game please. Specifically, the last 3:32.
    Years of ineptitude is trumped by 5 good runs, lol...

You guys are such a hoot
    wist

You guys are such a hoot
    Here's your exact quote, Wist:

"The only way we can run the ball is by using the pass to set up the run..."

Notice your word choice: the "only" way. You didn't say, except sometimes they do it. You said "only," and when someone calls you on it, you excuse it as the exception and fall back on your usual namecalling - we're all "homers."

So if you don't mean "only," then don't choose that word.

You argue, over and over again, that you are spot-on correct in your analysis. Any evidence counter to your ideas you excuse as irrelevant, or so occasional as to not count, or sheer luck. Like your infamous claim that the whole 2010 SB run was luck.

So you're always right because you dismiss anything that doesn't fit your pre-conceived notions.

And you talk about other people being unrealistic.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Jumbo Rat HOFer

You guys are such a hoot
    Lacy 25 for 125 yards. 11 rushing first downs in the game. 5 good runs my ass!
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

They can run the ball - they do run the ball; and we cannot. The only way we can run the ball is by using the pass to set up the run... the Cowboys are good enough that they don't have to do that, they can simply line up and run it down your throat more often than not... they just had a bad game yesterday.

Our OL is there to pass block... anything that gets accomplished in the running game is an afterthought. They're not knee-benders at all, there's no pulling or trapping - we have 3 running plays, and that's it.

If we had Dallas's OL, and the Vikings defense?? We'd be in business
    Dallas' line is very good at run blocking but I don't think they are a hell of lot better than us at pass blocking. I'd also like to have a defense that is much better than the queens'.