Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
So now you're basically agreeing with what I said when we drafted him, i.e. he was never going to be a good fit for a 3-4?? Are you sure you want to align with me on a player?? The other kids in here can get kind of nasty when they're throwing rotten vegetables at me... you could get caught in the crossfire

And for the record, trying Jones at LB is dumber still... wreaks of trying to play Kampman there.

They should have resigned Neal. Losing him is going to hurt.

The issue in the past half a dozen drafts is that Thompson doesn't draft players for the 3-4 defense. He doesn't realize that you have to draft players that actually fit the scheme your team is running. Nick Perry, Mike Neal, Jerell Worthy, Mike Daniels*, Datone Jones. I struggle with the fact that Thompson fails to realize that you basically that you play 3 really big guys at the linemen position, and then draft 4 athletic fellas to play linebacker. You don't draft college defensive ends and stand them up as outside linebackers. You don't draft college defensive ends in 4-3 defenses in college and ask them to play defensive tackle in a 3-4.