Thread: 2015 Packers Training Camp and Triage Center

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Bill Huber at Scout.com says Randall in the lead for dime back job.

Randall has made a play or two at every practice to vault ahead of second-round pick Quinten Rollins, who had a strong offseason but missed the first three practices of training camp due to his hamstring. Randall has joined Shields, Hayward and Hyde in the dime.
    http://www.scout.com/nfl/packers/story/1570733

Should also note Randall has played both outside spots. Rollins hasn't yet, he's been inside at slot CB.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Bill Huber at Scout.com says Randall in the lead for dime back job.

http://www.scout.com/nfl/packers/story/1570733

Should also note Randall has played both outside spots. Rollins hasn't yet, he's been inside at slot CB.
    Randall is dime. Rollins is slot, behind Hyde in the depth chart. That's directly from SPH. Wonder how camp might change that. Will have to see where they put Rollins during PS games...
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Randall is dime. Rollins is slot, behind Hyde in the depth chart. That's directly from SPH. Wonder how camp might change that. Will have to see where they put Rollins during PS games...
    I'm sure Rollin's primary role, ideally anyway, is backup slot to Hyde. And that's probably where he gets his first reps in preseason. But later in the game he will get his shot outside

Question is this: if Shields, Hayward and Hyde are healthy, does Randall have a role? They seem to be grooming him for a lot of ST work.

Rollins actually has a straighter line to Game Day reps on Defense.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Question is this: if Shields, Hayward and Hyde are healthy, does Randall have a role? They seem to be grooming him for a lot of ST work.
    On this team? Just wait a few seconds. Shields and Hyde get injured on every other play - almost as often as Terry Glenn. Randall will play on the outside in the dime (which probably means a decent amount of time) and in relief.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    On this team? Just wait a few seconds. Shields and Hyde get injured on every other play - almost as often as Terry Glenn. Randall will play on the outside in the dime (which probably means a decent amount of time) and in relief.
    Entirely plausible.

I do like that the top pick AND a UDFA (Gunner/Gunter) seem to be stepping up and that there is still time for Rollins to come through as he missed very little camp. Makes the DB depth chart seem less shaky right now.

Nelson has another perspective on AR's interceptions:

Just as Rodgers’ decisions may be different in camp than they would be in a real game, so might the receivers’ actions, according to veteran Jordy Nelson. He explained that a 50-50 ball in camp can put a receiver in a tough spot, because he’s always going to try to make the catch no matter what, whereas in a game, a receiver in a disadvantageous position might break up the pass and make sure it’s not picked off.

Right now, in early August, no one is going to give up the chance to shine, especially when on the field with the two-time MVP.

Read more: http://www.packers.com/news-and-even...#ixzz3i4KrMwWR
    Last edited by Patler; 08-06-2015 at 03:33 PM.