Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
He might. Somehow I doubt it though. I have a brother who's a psychopath. There's a difference between people who do bad things and people who have no soul who also do bad things. Psychopath's are rare. I don't know the number, but maybe half of murderers are psychopaths. There are plenty of really sick people who commit murder yet aren't psychopaths.

And this is all a hunch, but I have a psychopathic brother, a year and a half younger than me, and they are expressionless babies who don't want to be touched, held, soothed, smiled at, played with or anything. They grow up into expressionless children who don't want to be touched (and also exhibit extreme cruelty to other people and life in general) then they learn how to pretend to fit in (something they have become actors to accomplish, but not even good actors as people naturally assume the best. Psychopaths find this to be too easy, and almost funny that people assume good in others) then they commit horrible wrongs to society in one form or another, then they die, thank god. I look at pictures of Hernandez, and to be honest, this is just a gut instinct from someone who's looked into empty, soulless eyes, but he seems to be a person to me. A scared, back against the wall person more comparable to a wild animal trapped in a corner than a regular person, but a person none-the-less. I know what empty eyes look like. I know what a voice, completely void of soul sounds like. I don't get any of that impression from Hernandez. He comes off as a really sick person to me, and a person I wouldn't want to suffer, yet would want taken completely away from society. If he's going to die, I think he deserves a quick death, similar to a wild animal that needs to be taken out for protections sake. If he's going to prison, I think he deserves a chance to live there and grow as a person. What price can he pay that will brink anything back? There is no price. But maybe he can learn from his mistakes and be a positive influence on some other people who go to prison, but will get out some day. You never know. Everything is going to be taken from him. All he can do now is help the world, not hurt it.
Just a guess on my part, too, but I read (or heard, can't remember which) a reporters comments that even the cops and court room personnel were surprised at his total lack of emotion. One described him as seemingly detached from what was going on.

We might just be scratching the surface on his inner workings.