Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    To your response.

1. The stupid thing BF did was retire. No one forced him to retire. No one made him go on TV with Deanne next to him and retire. At that point the Packers needed to move on. Not doing so would have been stupid. If TT and MM had done nothing and hoped that BF returned for 2008 I would have called for them to be fired. TT &MM committed to ARod which any team in the NFL would have done.
    2. If BF came back to the Pack and got the starting position he is basically canning Rodgers. Rodgers would be sitting on the bench again doing nothing waiting to get out of GB. Talk about not remebering the facts you said BF only wanted to have a real competion for the QB position. That is exactly the conversation BF and MM had after the Family Night game. MM inferred that BF was not willing to compete and that the job should be his be default.

I find it funny that when anyone disagrees with you and points out a FACT; you state they can't accept "THE TRUTH". The only person here who isn't being honest is you. If you look back about 250 pages ago I put down what BF should have done. I'll leave that up to you to find.

Just so you don't think I hate Favre the football player, I think his number should be retire by GB before he goes into the footballl HOF. BF gave the Packers a chance to win every week. It was his off the field issues I have a problem with.
    1. The stupid thing BF did was retire. No one forced him to retire. No one made him go on TV with Deanne next to him and retire. ThunderDan

Your aware that at that time and (maybe?) for the past dozen years that Brett Favre was 'a premier NFL icon', if not 'the premier Icon' in the NFL?

Brett Favre has explained that retirement talk very well in terms of his giving so much of himself in a season. That after that 2007 season and NFC Championship game loss to the New York GIANTS and actually feeling burned out.

He has basically said that he was so sick of the media always pressuring him about the next season. That it was just simpler to say he was retired 'when in fact', he wasn't retired. Is that confusing? Yes it is to a degree; yet it also makes sense, in terms of a need for privacy.

'No less' Favre explains it in that sense.

Just try to find and read his statements about this in his own words and do so with an open mind as to their authenticity.

You write that 'you' would call for the heads of TT and MM if Brett Favre returned in 2008.

That clearly wasn't going to happen. It was clearly from a solid management standpoint. Aaron Rodgers time to be the Packers starting QB. If Brett Favre did anything stupid and really ever desiring to play in the NFL again. 'It was ever even mentioning retiring'; and as a result making their job of getting rid of him, by virtually burying him as an NFL QB.... easier.

In the beginning I simply wished that the Packers released Brett Favre to find his own way. I felt that he deserved that respect. I later came to see that wasn't best.

2. " If BF came back to the Pack and got the starting position he is basically canning Rodgers. Rodgers would be sitting on the bench again doing nothing waiting to get out of GB. Talk about not remebering the facts you said BF only wanted to have a real competion for the QB position. That is exactly the conversation BF and MM had after the Family Night game. MM inferred that BF was not willing to compete and that the job should be his be default. " ThunderDan

Of course... here I have to agree with you ThunderDan. Any competition between Favre and Rodgers risked Favre winning such competition. Brett Favre merely wanted what MM offered him when he departed Mississippi for Green Bay in early August 2008 for the Packers TC. A 'real competition' for the NO. 1 QB position. I place the accent on the word 'real'. Of course ... MM has been known to change lanes rather fast.

The fact was that when Brett Favre and his wife (Deanna) and his agent (Bus Cook) arrived in Green Bay. Then and suddenly 'the rules' for such competition were re-qualified. MM informed Brett Favre that Aaron Rodgers would start every Pre-Season game; and more than likely be given more playing time than Favre had in prior TC Pre- Season games from seasons past.

Does this scenario appear even marginally close to any fair competition for the NO. 1 QB position ThunderDan?

Brett Favre correctly deemed it not fair and again asked to be outright released or traded. Brett favre exercised his option of common sense and a demand for fairness or see yaa. He acted the exact same way that Aaron Rodgers would have if Aaron had to ride the pine again in another season.

Brett Favre wasn't going to waste anyone's time, with any scenario that certainly looked like he would be the Green Bay Packers back-up QB. Such a decision in terms of anything NOT Green Bay Packers was simply ridiculous. He was forced to ask to be able to play elsewhere given his focus of winning another Super Bowl.

It was after that stand by MM that Brett Favre may have totally realized his days as a Green Bay Packer were over.

"I find it funny that when anyone disagrees with you and points out a FACT; you state they can't accept "THE TRUTH". " ThunderDan

That is by far a false claim against me and my integrity ThunderDan.

If I take a position and in so doing discover an error in that position. I'll admit such error. If I feel my position has merit. I'll also stand my ground, 'no matter ' how unpopular that position is, with any poster or group of posters here. I never assume to become Mr. Popularity.

I always fight for what's best.

"Just so you don't think I hate Favre the football player, I think his number should be retire by GB before he goes into the footballl HOF. BF gave the Packers a chance to win every week." ThunderDan

That decision must be made before the Green Bay Packer organization is subjected to anymore undo embarrassment. The way the Favre divorce was handled certainly left much to be desired.

If Brett Favre adds more complication to this, as I presently see the TRUTH. I won't be pleased.

I don't expect to see TT or MM say too much as their sad play in the mess is too obvious now to me. Your maybe not capable of seeing it as your obviously in league with any Packer fans that judge Brett Favre.

The hurt that Brett Favre felt must have been horrendous. That's so sad but as the saying goes. Shit happens ! It wasn't the first time nor will it be the last that a Pro Sports Organization has to deal unfairly/harshly with a once former 'star player'.

I even agree now with TT's decision to get something for Brett Favre in a trade. He (maybe?) darn well knew that Favre would come back to haunt him one day. This is Brett Favre and how any Packer fan faults him for being Brett Favre is way over my head in terms of common sense or decent reasoning.

I hate the way that Favre might have 'in fact' learned of the team he was actually traded too; or the New York Jets. When... as he claims, he thought it was going to be the Tampa bay BUCS. That he and Ted Thompson had agreed that would be his destination out of Green Bay. That Brett Favre believed that he would be a Tampa Bay BUC when he left Ted Thompson and Green Bay to return home to Mississippi.

I understand how it may have gone down without anymore communication from Ted Thompson. Ted Thompson isn't exactly the smoothest of men when it comes to common sense, decency and respect and PR skills.

GO PACK GO !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-23-2013 at 04:08 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    You write that 'you' would call for the heads of TT and MM if Brett Favre returned in 2008.
    This sentence that you wrote I think clearly illustrates your issues. I did not write that. I think you see a post from someone who you label a "Favre Hater" and you are so ready to write another novelle that you don't realize what was truly written.

I wrote that if BF retired and TT & MM did nothing but hope that BF would unretire for the 2008 season I would call for their jobs. TT and MM have to run the franchise. When BF retired, meaning isn't employed by the Packers anymore, they had to address the QB position.

And boy did they, the promoted ARod right away and even drafted 2 QBs (Brohm and Flynn) to make sure that they had a QB on the roster who could play. That's what a competent management team does. They don't sit on their asses and hope their future HOF QB who retired will come back and save the franchise in 2008.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    This sentence that you wrote I think clearly illustrates your issues. I did not write that. I think you see a post from someone who you label a "Favre Hater" and you are so ready to write another novelle that you don't realize what was truly written.

I wrote that if BF retired and TT & MM did nothing but hope that BF would unretire for the 2008 season I would call for their jobs. TT and MM have to run the franchise. When BF retired, meaning isn't employed by the Packers anymore, they had to address the QB position.

And boy did they, the promoted ARod right away and even drafted 2 QBs (Brohm and Flynn) to make sure that they had a QB on the roster who could play. That's what a competent management team does. They don't sit on their asses and hope their future HOF QB who retired will come back and save the franchise in 2008.
    "This sentence that you wrote I think clearly illustrates your issues." ThunderDan:

I don't have issues. It's you mister that has 'the issue'. Your issue is that you want to make this personal. Somehow you feel a personal need to take me on.

You draw a very fine distinction in what you write and what you claim you meant Vs how I interpreted what you wrote ThunderDan.

You want to really know what the issue is ThunderDan. It's an issue gone personal between 'You and I'. I have no idea even how it got here; but 'no less' here it is. It's also going to end with this post to you.

You've somehow come to a personal need to target me. I don't appreciate that negative attention, nor do I have to put up with it. In real life you and I would have serious issues. We would end up in one another's faces. It's not beginning right now ever going to go there on Packerrats.

I'm not going to allow 'you and I'; to get painted all over on this forum. I don't expect this post to you to be pointless. Your manners and agenda Vs me will not push it towards some unnecessary extreme. Let go of yourself and me.

Think about that please. I'm requesting politely that you don't post me until you arrive at a better response from within yourself, if that's possible.

Because I take a position different from you. I don't have to put up with your re-current obsessions to target me. That's my bottom line and and finally my line drawn in the sand and 'you' ThunderDan. I won't put up with your BS and with your agenda to target me.

Don't deny that I don't have this 100% correct. Otherwise, you'd be. I'll be polite...fooling yourself.

You have a decision to make. Make the right decision please.

GO PACK GO !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau