Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    Vince nailed that one.

YUPPPPPP
    KUDOS

AND THX FOR CLARIFYING VINCE

HOWEVER>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>..

I coach a travelling girls 5th grade basketball team. We are not overly talented. I keep telling the we need to play great D and we have to be smarter and more prepared then our competition.
    It's MY job to make sure they are mentally prepared and do what they are supposed to do.

Bostick made a mental mistake

His coach has to take some ownership in the failure
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    YUPPPPPP
    KUDOS

AND THX FOR CLARIFYING VINCE

HOWEVER>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>..

I coach a travelling girls 5th grade basketball team. We are not overly talented. I keep telling the we need to play great D and we have to be smarter and more prepared then our competition.
    It's MY job to make sure they are mentally prepared and do what they are supposed to do.

Bostick made a mental mistake

His coach has to take some ownership in the failure
    I'm guessing getting those girls to do what you coach them to do doesn't always work. It works a lot better at the NFL level but there isn't a coach in history whose ever gotten their players to always do what they've coached them to do. People are people. Guys (and girls) make mistakes and/or fail to execute no matter how perfect the coaching is. Obviously not all coaches are created equal, but blaming the coach when teams lose is usually misguided. Not always - but usually.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    I'm guessing getting those girls to do what you coach them to do doesn't always work. It works a lot better at the NFL level but there isn't a coach in history whose ever gotten their players to always do what they've coached them to do. People are people. Guys (and girls) make mistakes and/or fail to execute no matter how perfect the coaching is. Obviously not all coaches are created equal, but blaming the coach when teams lose is usually misguided. Not always - but usually.
    Yeah, for Bostick it was both a physical and mental error - he didn't do what the coaches told him to do. I do feel sorry for him - he has to live with it every day for the rest of his life.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Blog Entries

It undoubtedly does NOT always work. And when it does not I share in the blame. Today we went 2-1. The two teams we barely beat IMO were better than the team we lost to. I take part of the blame there

When patterns formulate...with the same coach..over and over....it's not hard to find justifiable blame
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    It undoubtedly does NOT always work. And when it does not I share in the blame. Today we went 2-1. The two teams we barely beat IMO were better than the team we lost to. I take part of the blame there

When patterns formulate...with the same coach..over and over....it's not hard to find justifiable blame
    You can blame yourself until you're blue in the face for every mistake but that doesn't make you right about where the blame lies. There isn't a coach in human history that could coach up a team of 5th grade girls to perform perfectly.

I agree that a change is overdue with the Special Teams coach, even though I'm completely in the dark about how much blame actually lies with Slocum. Shit ain't right? Blame the coach. That's pretty easy. Shit ain't right a lot? Probably more likely my stab-in-the-dark guess about the real effectiveness of the coach is more accurate.

You can blame yourself until you're blue in the face for every mistake but that doesn't make you right about where the blame lies. There isn't a coach in human history that could coach up a team of 5th grade girls to perform perfectly.
    Gene Hackman or Walther Matthau

I agree that a change is overdue with the Special Teams coach, even though I'm completely in the dark about how much blame actually lies with Slocum. Shit ain't right? Blame the coach. That's pretty easy. Shit ain't right a lot? Probably more likely my stab-in-the-dark guess about the real effectiveness of the coach is more accurate.
    It's the players, not the plays. I agree, Vince.

C'mon Vince.

How many times do you need to see Slocum's units screw up before you fault him for it? 438? 671? We've got to be getting close by now, aren't we??
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    C'mon Vince.

How many times do you need to see Slocum's units screw up before you fault him for it? 438? 671? We've got to be getting close by now, aren't we??
    They didn't screw up kicking 5 FGs, forcing a fumble, pinning Seattle deep over and over.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    They didn't screw up kicking 5 FGs, forcing a fumble, pinning Seattle deep over and over.
    Special teams lost the game. They gave up a TD on a fake FG that they should've been expecting was very possible that gave Seattle life...and couldn't grab an on-side kick to win the game.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!