Thread: Ty Montgomery

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I don't much like Perine - or that whole type of RB. The success of Montgomery more than Lacy ought to demonstrate that we need somebody with a quick start and better cutting ability. From that perspective, Perine is not even the top pro prospect on his team. That would be Mixon, who I would very much like to see the Packers get.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I don't much like Perine - or that whole type of RB. The success of Montgomery more than Lacy ought to demonstrate that we need somebody with a quick start and better cutting ability. From that perspective, Perine is not even the top pro prospect on his team. That would be Mixon, who I would very much like to see the Packers get.
    Does it really matter who they get? Stubby won't run the ball anyway, especially if they get someone that is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Does it really matter who they get? Stubby won't run the ball anyway, especially if they get someone that is good.
    He runs early, and sticks with it if he has success. Its when we fail a few times he decides throwing 40 passes is ideal.

I would see monty in a sproles type role. Throw him some dumps, some designed screens. Before MM will do that though he needs to become 100% on his blitz pick up. He was the worst we have had at that in a long time (because he had been playing WR and hadn't worked on recognition....I hope).
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.