Thread: More Banjo: Week 9 vs. Detroit

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Be careful what you wish for. LOL
    At this point, Maxie, what's the difference? The defense is a sieve. Let's see what Hundley's got - or not got.

I'm really sour on this team, this defensive coordinator, and maybe even the HC. And beyond that, maybe TT's getting stale, too. I dunno. Maybe the ship will right to some extent, but that looked like a really lousy, unprepared effort given they were coming off a bye.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    At this point, Maxie, what's the difference? The defense is a sieve. Let's see what Hundley's got - or not got.

I'm really sour on this team, this defensive coordinator, and maybe even the HC. And beyond that, maybe TT's getting stale, too. I dunno. Maybe the ship will right to some extent, but that looked like a really lousy, unprepared effort given they were coming off a bye.
    I'm in the same boat as you believe me. I guess I'm just more sour on what Hundley's "not got." At this point I'd rather see Callahan play. At least it would make the game less boring.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    The defense is a sieve.
    It's more like an organized retreat, like the retreat to the 38th parallel following the Battle of the Ch'ongch'on River.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    It's more like an organized retreat, like the retreat to the 38th parallel following the Battle of the Ch'ongch'on River.
    That's the terrible irony. With Burnett out there, this is the best coordinated backfield in a while (Randall's brain farts aside). So they aren't getting beat deep.

But they are getting gashed underneath way too easily.

This has been going on since Kurt Warner tore them apart years ago against what we thought was a rebuilt unit.

You cannot survive that way without pass rush.

If there is an argument for the entire staff to get the boot, its that they have become WAY too Stubby. That is Belichick's advantage each game.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    That's the terrible irony. With Burnett out there, this is the best coordinated backfield in a while (Randall's brain farts aside). So they aren't getting beat deep.

But they are getting gashed underneath way too easily.

This has been going on since Kurt Warner tore them apart years ago against what we thought was a rebuilt unit.

You cannot survive that way without pass rush.

If there is an argument for the entire staff to get the boot, its that they have become WAY too Stubby. That is Belichick's advantage each game.
    yeah, they check if it's man, then they run crossing routes. With no pressure they wait until crosser is open. If it's zone, they have time for receivers to find the holes and then throw. It all works because no one is in the QBs face.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    HEAR! HEAR!
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

I'm not down on Stubby just yet. It isn't easy to have a functional offense with a QB who has issues reading defenses. Last night we had everyone back on offense but #12 so if things aren't working it has to be that position.