Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 LastLast

Thread: Official Minnesota Vikings Game Day Thread

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    There wa no penalty called.

Rodgers was outside of the Pocket...end of story.

It's all now and Aaron's recovery , whenever, and when will he be seriously injured again?

I really think that this game is very bad news and being a Green Bay Packer fan and Rodgers and Hope for another Super Bowl.

Realistically this is VERY BAD ! I feel terrible for Aaron Rodgers. He was NFL 2017-18 Season MVP bound. By far the Leader and that.

Now I have that deep sucked out feeling you get when someone got that good shot into your guts.
    More like a solid kick in the Nuts...

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Barr's hit on Rodgers was not cheap or dirty. Was a clean, hard hit. It completely fucks our season, but I can't get on that dirty play bandwagon.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Injury to HOF AR; This is why you need a defense. Goodnight and please bring some new blood to GBs GM and HC + minions of coaches after this season.
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2019,
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2018,
    PackerRats Pick'Em 2016-17 Champ + Packers year Survival Football Champ 2017,
    Rats Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2013,
    Ratz Survival Football Champ 2012,
    PackerRats1 Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2006.

This day and NFL and......what anyone might deem as 'reality' is clearly to use the best term:

Fucked !

I'm now weighing in on the early results and the late Sunday afternoon games and Week 6.

It seems like if your favoured to win the game today....your going to more likely lose !

Today and LIFE and the best predictor is simply think ..... backwards...think negative...think poorly...think stupid...think wrong.

We live in an upside down world.

Logic makes 'NO SENSE'. Evil Rules. Stupidity Rules.

All of that has been clearly predicted as will be the case and that is right now.

The Packers and NFL and Football hardly really matters.

So simply eat your Upside Down cake and smile and bear it if your right in your HEART and SOUL

Don't get FUCKED !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 10-15-2017 at 04:09 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Agree that Clay would've taken the shot too. Still doesn't make it 'right'.

And I've been saying I'd be fine repurposing clays salary for a few years now. He seems to miss half the games and just isn't worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmdk View Post
    Injury to HOF AR; This is why you need a defense. Goodnight and please bring some new blood to GBs GM and HC + minions of coaches after this season.
    Absolutely !

The hope and this Season and we had some is done !

This season now falls all on TT and MM and the Position Coaches and the rest of the Staff.

We need competent 'Critical Analysis' as Packer fans. We need forward thinking (if the Packers look really bad) as this Season plays out.

I really feel looking at TT that he looks absolutely worn out. He and MM exist as a two and that Two will as I clearly see it; look bad after Aaron Rodgers.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 10-15-2017 at 04:22 PM.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    That is often how collar bones are broken.
    Broken Collarbone !?... If that is the TRUTH.....Patler as usual would then be right.

It's not official. Hope !

I am surprised unlike Patler that it was his shoulder.It looked like a right wrist to me after reviewing the play.

By the way in 9 games without Aaron Rodgers the Packers have a 3 - 5 -1 Record.
    It was an easy call for me. I have seen numerous broken collar bones in hockey, including to one of my sons, caused the same way. As explained by an ortho to me, with an extended arm jammed the way it was, the force is transmitted to the collar bone, which can break quite easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    It was an easy call for me. I have seen numerous broken collar bones in hockey, including to one of my sons, caused the same way. As explained by an ortho to me, with an extended arm jammed the way it was, the force is transmitted to the collar bone, which can break quite easily.
    He should have just taken the hit, extending his arm to break the fall probably made it worse in this case.

Of course, you don't know how the defender is going to twist or hold.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Need new Game Day Thread starter next week.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    I agree...it's legal so lay a hit on him.....man, that's how the NFL has worked since the late 60's when I started watching.
    I agree.

When you know you only have about a 20% chance of winning with Rodgers in there your best chance is to knock him out of the game. Even if Barr had gone too far it's worth it. It might mean the Division and the playoffs.

The Saints made damn sure to maul the QB in 2009. The alternative is no Super Bowl. What's that worth? Barr got the best of both, he took Rodgers out and stayed 'within the rules'. Very smart. I hope the Packers return the favor next time they play.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I agree.

When you know you only have about a 20% chance of winning with Rodgers in there your best chance is to knock him out of the game. Even if Barr had gone too far it's worth it. It might mean the Division and the playoffs.

The Saints made damn sure to maul the QB in 2009. The alternative is no Super Bowl. What's that worth? Barr got the best of both, he took Rodgers out and stayed 'within the rules'. Very smart. I hope the Packers return the favor next time they play.
    Shitty assed example. Favre was hit in the pocket after the play and I mean WAY the fuck after the play. Barr hit your man on a routine play, no flag. When he hit him and I bet the majority of people were not "oh, what a late hit"...it looked routine as hell to me...

Barr hit your man on a routine play, no flag. When he hit him and I bet the majority of people were not "oh, what a late hit"...it looked routine as hell to me...
    Ya, it looked routine as hell to me, too; but in today's NFL routine hits on QBs are also routinely flagged. I don't think that type of hit should be a penalty, but I am surprised that it was not flagged, because it usually is now days.

Shitty assed example. Favre was hit in the pocket after the play and I mean WAY the fuck after the play. Barr hit your man on a routine play, no flag. When he hit him and I bet the majority of people were not "oh, what a late hit"...it looked routine as hell to me...
    Either way, they worked. If you can do it legally, all the better. Still, in the NFCC, the refs weren't calling (any?) late hits, so they (mostly) must have been legal. It was a smart play to drive Rodgers into the ground. May have won them the Division. I just hope the Packers take out a couple guys next time they play. Legally.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Either way, they worked. If you can do it legally, all the better. Still, in the NFCC, the refs weren't calling (any?) late hits, so they (mostly) must have been legal. It was a smart play to drive Rodgers into the ground. May have won them the Division. I just hope the Packers take out a couple guys next time they play. Legally.

Dude, he did NOT drive him into the ground. I've watched the league for forty fucking years and that was routine. He did not do the drive into the ground thing. I've seen that a million times and this was not it.

Dude, he did NOT drive him into the ground. I've watched the league for forty fucking years and that was routine. He did not do the drive into the ground thing. I've seen that a million times and this was not it.
    Sure looked like he drove Rodgers into the ground.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotarace View Post
    More like a solid kick in the Nuts...
    I don't know that feeling. I was always good at hand defense and scraping (street fighting) or competing in Martial Arts..

Playing so many sports and especially hockey I've got the wind knocked out of me.

The tackle on Aaron Rodgers was clean clean ..it was clearly clean.

There was no leading with the helmet and any or severe helmet contact either. Aaron Rodgers was plainly and simply tackled and wasn't driven to the ground.

How anyone could look at the replay of the tackle that ended Aaron Rodgers Season and maybe even threatening to his career success; isn't looking at it with an open mind.

Aaron was vulnerable (out of the QB's Pocket) and the worst case scenario resulted.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Sure looked like he drove Rodgers into the ground.
    I didn't think so, just fell on top of him.

I disagree. I think he landed pretty hard on him. Strong move. If you can KO the opposition - and legally - you should do it.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

How anyone could look at the replay of the tackle that ended Aaron Rodgers Season and maybe even threatening to his career success; isn't looking at it with an open mind.
    Stop looking at it then, until you have an open mind.